NextEra Energy Agile Delivery Portfolio Manager in Miami, Florida
Agile Delivery Portfolio Manager
Date:Nov 16, 2018
Primary Location:Miami, FL, US, 33174
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 29842
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description We strengthen and engage our greatest assets - our employees!
This is a leadership position in the NEE Program Office for IT Infrastructure Services which is in the midst of an Agile transformation. The ideal candidate will play a key role in facilitating Agile adoption by coaching a team of project managers and scrum masters on how to manage the department’s project work in an Agile fashion, driving Agile adoption within the PMO governance team, and developing the metrics and reporting to track both project progress and Agile adoption benefits.
Responsibilities include managing and guiding the professional development a team of program management professionals and managing the program portfolio’s capital and operating budgets. The candidate will also work with other leaders and managers in the organization, helping them apply Agile methods to their work.
Desired qualifications include experience leading a company or department through an Agile transformation, Agile coaching experience, SAFe training and/or certifications, a command of work management metrics (such as Lean, Kanban, and Scrum), experience with Jira and Confluence administration and/or development, and have experience leading large teams and portfolios of work. Experience managing budgets and at least 1 year of experience managing IT infrastructure projects is ideal. SAFe SPC Certification or Scaled Agilist (Leading SAFe) certification a plus.
Job Overview This position guides a group of teams in the execution of agile initiatives to deliver customer value. Employees in this role train and coach in the use of Scrum, Lean, Kanban, XP, and scale agile framework practices. Leaders in this job manage employees and assume budget responsibilities as assigned.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Trains and coaches leaders, teams, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindset
- Contributes in Communities of Practice (CoP), within the agile network
- Promotes and encourages collaboration and transparency and builds trusting relationships between business, delivery, and other entities within the organization
- Facilitates periodic synchronization meetings across several different onsite and distributed delivery teams
- Prepares program and release backlogs, as well as team and program objectives
- Manages risk and dependencies, communicates and escalates impediments to facilitate transparency, and reduces bottlenecks
- Embraces a continuous improvement mindset, and drives the use of agile engineering best practices and innovation
- Reports on standardized program-level metrics, and understands, tracks, and operates within the program budget
- Plays an instrumental role in the organization’s Agile transformation, acts as a change agent, and shows strong leadership skills with a positive and collaborative attitude
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 8+ years
Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Miami, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-KR1 Nearest Major Market:Miami