NextEra Energy Agile Coach in Miami, Florida
Date:Nov 26, 2018
Primary Location:Miami, FL, US, 33174
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 30017
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description An excellent position for someone willing to learn, adapt, and grow as an agile coach with some of the brightest talent around. This job is best suited for someone with an open mind and a desire to further their knowledge of Scrum, Kanban, and the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) while collaborating with a mentor. Communication, problem solving, interpersonal, mediation, and relentless improvement skills and mindset are a must as this position will be asked to facilitate a variety of topics during coaching events and meetings.
While an information technology position, this job does not require a degree or background in computer science. The right attitude can bring insight from any field of study. A patient, motivated, positive, and empathetic person capable of guiding people, strategic planning, and showing the value of a new concept intelligently is who we’re looking for.
This position will be based in Miami with occasional (0 – 4 times a month) trips to other offices within Florida to collaborate with coaches and assist with the agile transformation enterprise wide. Come join a team of motivated and talented people transforming and improving the work life balance of an enterprise.
Job Overview This job provides leadership and direction to an Agile team, serves as an expert in the Scrum process, and enforces Scrum rules and framework. Employees in this role organize and facilitate release and sprint planning sessions, daily stand-up meetings, sprint demos, retrospectives, story refining sessions, and related activities. Leaders in this job embrace and display servant leadership behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being Agile and facilitate the team becoming self-managing and high-performing.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizes and facilitates work planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, and sprint and release planning
- Facilitates collaboration for both internal and external teams, resolving conflict, removing impediments, and reducing external dependencies
- Coaches team members and stakeholders in preparation for Scrum ceremonies and events and in goal attainment
- Coaches team in Agile sizing techniques, makes appropriate and realistic commitments, and works closely with Product Owners
- Uses the Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) tool to prepare, communicate, and share team metrics and delivery results
- Creates a product roadmap, coaches the writing of value-driven user stories, features, and epics, and maintains a well-refined backlog
- Provides regular feedback to the Agile Transformation Team about new insights and lessons learned from team experiences
- Embraces servant leadership and displays behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being Agile
- Keeps informed and educated about industry trends concerning Agile methodologies
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 0+ years Preferred Qualifications
Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Miami, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-KR1 Nearest Major Market:Miami