Eversource Energy Lead Engineer, Gas Engineering (CT) in Meriden, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
Lead Engineer is responsible for the development, expansion, planning, design, to meet the mission and objectives of the gas organization. In addition, this position coordinates the evaluation of system failures, and the appropriate resolutions, to provide support to gas operations on unplanned maintenance. Responsible for ensuring that the Eversource gas transmission and distribution systems are designed to high quality standards that provide customers with safe, reliable, and environmentally sound gas service. This position shares accountability with peers in the strategy, development, and design of the organization’s Asset Family Plan, a comprehensive long-term plan for the transmission/distribution system. Responsible for supervising, assigning, prioritizing and directing the work performed by other internal engineers, external engineering resources and staff.
2. Essential Functions:
- Supervises, coaches, and develops engineers; approves time and conducts performance reviews. Assigns, prioritizes and directs work performed by at least 2 FTE engineers.
- Directs external engineering technical and consulting resources in the development of the required designs, work scope and schedules.
- Responsible for the cost and performance of certain assets on the system which may include reliability analysis and trending of system events and monitoring of equipment condition.
- Responsible for the development, justification and approval of the Asset Family Plan activities over a multi-year horizon and for ongoing projects
- Ensures that the design and specification of additions, modifications and replacements to the transmission and distribution system, and the preparation of special gas permits and easements are completed accurately and on time.
- Responsible for the development of preliminary and detailed engineering designs, as necessary.
- Collaborates with other Engineers within Engineering to ensure consistency across the organization.
- Provides technical support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities, engineering guidelines and operating and maintenance procedures and construction standards.
- Accountable for root-cause analysis, development and implementation of Gas Engineering corrective actions.
- Responsible for the evaluation and selection of technology and equipment for the system.
- Supports the development of standards and procedures for design, operation and maintenance, and emergency response.
- Presents scope and progress of projects, results of studies and new tools, equipment and procedures to Gas Business leadership
- Assumes the role of the Manager as required.
- Knowledge of gas systems and components.
· Knowledge of gas design standards and procedures.
· Knowledge of all gas industry codes and standards.
· Capability to effectively communicate ideas and direction, both written and orally.
Education: Requires a BS in Engineering
Experiences: Minimum of eight (8) years in the technical, operational, or engineering aspects of the gas utility industry. Supervisory experience preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: None
Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs are involved. Job can require traveling to operating districts, gas facilities and companies within and outside the state.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Work includes calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor