Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. Maintenance Planning Technician (IRC26672) in Meeker, Colorado
Responsible for developing, maintaining, and monitoring planning and scheduling control measures for the Maintenance Department. Responsible for writing maintenance requisitions for parts acquisition and contract services. Provide the daily interface with Purchasing and the coordination of requisitions and parts expediting. Assist with Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Work Requests (WR), maintaining computerized databases and parts inventory. Responsibilities also include maintaining accurate equipment and work order history, backlog, work order packet development and assisting the Warehouse functional area with staging of parts. This role provides technical support with the development of the maintenance schedule and provides support to the Mine Maintenance staff and other functional areas in the technical evaluation, coordination, and implementation of planning and scheduling processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create work orders, requisitions, procedures, and inspection sheets in support of the Planners as needed.
- Coordinate with Procurement in establishing blanket purchase orders, contracts, and writing routine purchase requests.
- Coordinate with vendors, contractors and consultants to ensure availability of materials, equipment, supplies and representatives within designated time frames.
- Ensure correct equipment hour meter readings are entered into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- File Pre-op Inspections
- Enter work order history and work order closure information into the CMMS
- Enter repair information into the CMMS (Input description of work, machine down and up times, labor hours, component exchanges, warranty work, hour meter readings, PM's and job completion status)
- Review all information and data for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist in preparing job packets, procedures and Bills of Material (BOM).
- Coordinate the proper staging of parts for scheduled repairs with warehouse functional area.
- Assist Planner in the creation, building, modification and submittal for approval of work instructions.
- Provide information to the Maintenance Team pertinent to the execution of the Job Package and the completion of the required documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of Maintenance Capital and O&M; budgets and develop and maintain reports that monitor the budgets. Analyze, implement and support capital project management systems that track project schedule, scope and budget.
- Maintain and update plant equipment and preventive maintenance records in the CMMS, including drawing management and document imaging, as necessary, to reflect modifications and new installations.
- Establish liaison with Procurement, Warehouse, Accounting, Plant Management, and other functional areas as required.
- Manage oil analysis program to ensure that all oil samples and filters that are taken are labeled and sent to oil analysis lab for processing in a timely manner.
- Work with oil analysis database to keep equipment records up to date and enter information into database as required.
- Prepare end of month reports and deliver to appropriate management group.
- Provide technical support during equipment repairs to track all costs in order to verify billing and budget variances and release funds as required.
- Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements. Attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of development in regulations, laws, standards and best practices applicable to the functional area including, but not limited to, Standards of Conduct, Environmental, Employment Law, NERC Reliability Standards and Safety. Must be familiar with, and comply with, all aspects of Corporate Policy C-54, Compliance.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State's culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State's culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
- Understand and promote process improvement and change initiatives in all tasks performed.
- Perform other assignments as required to meet business needs.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete related company training programs.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Planning: ability to think ahead and plan within timelines and resources; develop scopes, plan and schedule work; set priorities and goals; anticipate and adjust for problems; evaluate workloads; measure and evaluate performance against established goals.
- Time Management: ability to successfully plan and implement objectives within established timelines and work schedules.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop effective solutions at both strategic and functional levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values
- Strong team player: accomplishes tasks by working with others and being an effective team player. Recognizes how his/her decisions may impact others; seeks input from others.
- Computer proficiency in a personal computer and standard business office applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, databases, CMMS and other related applications.
- Highly self-motivated with ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- General knowledge of mining equipment, facilities, and operations. Previous planning and scheduling experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computing, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, CMMS, and other related software applications.
- High initiative and work ethic.
- Ability to multitask and deal with complex issues.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- One (1) year of experience monitoring and analyzing mining equipment maintenance and performing technical evaluations of preventative maintenance processes, or two (2) years of related industrial experience preferred.
- Willingness to travel, as required. (Possession of a current valid driver's license, or ability to obtain).
- Valid driver's license required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is primarily required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, drive and walk on uneven ground. Incumbent may be required to lift items weighing up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Mental demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to read, write, analyze and review data and prepare related reports, exercise judgment and work independently to make analytical and interpretive decisions; adapt guidelines, which may be indirectly applicable, to specific situations and evaluate alternatives prior to making recommendations.
- Work Environment: Drives light vehicle trucks in and around mine operations. Walks on uneven ground, exposed to dust, noise, and working at moderate heights.
This job description is not all inclusive but rather serves as a general guideline of the current needs of the position and can be modified at the discretion of management to meet current business needs. Experience and education requirements are the primary basis for awarding this position, however substitutions that are essentially equivalent may be made as they relate to the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of this position.
Job Title: Maintenance Planning Technician (IRC26672)
Location: Meeker, CO, US
Base Location: Colowyo Coal Mine, Meeker CO, Maintenance
Amount of Travel: No Travel
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran