Ameren Supervisor Relay Test in Maryland Heights, Missouri
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:Monday May 17, 2021
About The Position
The Supervisor, Relay Test is responsible for supervising, training, and evaluating SRS Relay personnel engaged in testing and maintenance of protective relaying, control schemes, and SCADA equipment.
Key responsibilities include:
● Coordinate with outside entities such as dispatching, substation maintenance, and energy center personnel in order to arrange and allocate personnel as effectively and efficiently as possible.
● Duty Supervisory support of SRS personnel working emergency trouble calls during off-hours when necessary. Provide support for storm assessment and restoration efforts.
● Schedule SRS personnel for construction, maintenance and repair activities.
● Conduct safety meetings, Co-worker to Co-worker observations (C2C's), one-to-one safety contacts, and direct employees toward safe work in accordance with Ameren Safety.
● Review and approve job reports, trouble reports, expense accounts, and time reports.
● Contribute to the development and implementation of department and function goals.
Associate’s Degree in Electrical/Electronics Technology or Bachelor's degree in technical discipline required. Five or more years relevant experience (i.e., testing of relaying, control schemes, and major electrical equipment, etc.) required. Supervisory or team/project management experience preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
● Thorough knowledge of schematic diagrams of power plant and substation electrical systems.
● Must have good leadership, administrative, communication, and human relations skills.
● Strong personal computer skills.
● Subject to call out during severe weather events and operating emergencies.
● Travel with the use of personal vehicle is required.
● Must maintain Class E Missouri driver's license.
● Security screening required and must maintain unescorted access for Callaway Energy Center.
● After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution service, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois develops, owns and operates rate-regulated regional electric transmission projects. For more information, visit Ameren.com, or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp, Facebook.com/AmerenCorp, or LinkedIn/company/Ameren.