Eversource Energy Team Lead- System Operations Training in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Supervise the development and implementation of transmission and distribution System Operations Training for CT, MA and NH. Supervise and oversee at least 2 FTE exempt and/or non-exempt employees in the daily operations of the department. Interview, select, and train staff. Responsible for evaluating employee performance and recommending merit increases and incentive awards.
- Supervises the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of system operator training in CT, MA and NH.
- Supervises, trains and develops staff; prioritizes, plans, schedules, reviews and coordinates work of staff
- Fosters an environment of teamwork, creativity and problem solving. Shares information and encourages participation in the decision-making process.
- Ensures work is completed on time, within budget and in a manner consistent with policies, work standards and regulatory requirements. This is accomplished through work planning and assignment of duties, communication of performance measures, performance assessment, training and coaching.
- Initiates or recommends disciplinary action when required.
- Serves as liaison with System Operations Control Center management in CT, MA and NH to identify and address training needs.
- Ensures system operator training programs meet all applicable regulatory requirements (e.g. NERC Reliability Standards, OSHA regulations, etc.)
- Reviews procedure, practice and regulatory changes and oversee implementation of necessary modifications to System Operations Training programs.
- Monitors effectiveness of system operator training programs and implements necessary changes.
- Ensures System Operator Training program activities are administered consistent with the Systematic Approach to Training, adult learning principles and training program policies and procedures.
- Coordinates training resources and personnel to meet System Operations Training needs.
- Represents System Operations Training at meetings, on committees and at conferences.
- Assesses the need for and oversees implementation of programs to ensure System Operations Training personnel possess the necessary technical and behavioral skills for individual and group success.
- Assists operations management in the coordination of response to system emergencies and participates in event review teams and incident analyses as requested by operations management.
- Knowledge of transmission and distribution electric system operations.
- Knowledge of functions of the various components that make up the Eversource electric system.
- Knowledge of Energy Management System (EMS), Distribution Management System (DMS), Outage Management System (OMS) and Dispatcher Training Simulator (DTS).
- Thorough knowledge of NERC Reliability Standards, OSHA regulations and other regulatory requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of the Systematic Approach to Training and adult learning principles.
- Familiar with learning management systems.
- Read and interpret electrical schematic diagrams.
- Communicate and work effectively with personnel at various levels within Eversource, ISO-NE, ISO-NE satellites, participant companies, non-utility generators, and neighboring utilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient with Lotus Notes e-mail and databases, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten years of related experience in electric power distribution, transmission or generation.
- Four years experience as a System Operator preferred.
- Four years experience as a trainer or supervisor in a formalized training program preferred.
- One year experience supervising others preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- NERC Transmission Operator or higher certification (or obtain within 6 months).
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs