Eversource Energy System Operations Supervisor-Level 1 in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Role and Scope of Position:
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates activities associated with the safe, reliable and economic minute-to-minute operation of the generation, transmission and distribution facilities under the operating jurisdiction of the ESCC dispatch center.
- Coordinates equipment outage scheduling and the implementation of Emergency procedures with ISO-NE, Local Control Center (LCC) Participants, and adjacent Local Control Centers (LCCs).
- Continuously monitors real time status of the generation, transmission and distribution system and implements changes to the status of the system via the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition system (SCADA) under normal and abnormal system conditions.
- Utilizes computer programs which simulate system conditions to determine generation, transmission and distribution system reliability.
- In the absence of a higher level of supervision, will provide supervision during assigned shifts.
- Plans, prepares, approves and issues orders for switching, grounding and tagging requirements for generation, transmission and distribution facilities under the ESCC jurisdiction in accordance with approved switching and tagging instructions and Participants’ safety rules.
- Performs computer on-line and off-line security analysis studies to evaluate the status of the generation, transmission and distribution system.
- Develops plans to cope with possible or projected contingency conditions on the generation, transmission and distribution system.
- Assists the System Operations Coordinator with the reception and processing of outage requests, including making the arrangements for authorized switching personnel.
- Determines the locations of faulted equipment, sectionalizes via SCADA control, faulted transmission and distribution system segments in order to restore customer loads.
- Isolate defective equipment to facilitate repairs and directs the restoration of impacted generation, transmission and distribution facilities.
- Maintains system voltage profiles in accordance with prescribed voltage schedules by utilizing generator reactive resources, as well as reactors, load tap changing transformers, substation capacitors and pole top capacitors on the transmission, sub-transmission, and distribution system.
- Initiates emergency procedures as requested by ISO-NE or as required by Local Control Center procedures, including the shedding of load. Reports such actions to the appropriate authorities located at the Local Control Center member companies.
- Analyzes and reports to the appropriate department, malfunctions or problems associated with equipment under the ESCC dispatching jurisdiction including telecommunications, protective relaying, ESCC computers, and EMS/SCADA system.
- Disseminates to ISO-NE and neighboring companies’ data and pertinent information as required by contractual obligations, and procedures covering the operation of the generating, transmission, and distribution facilities.
- Safe and secure operation of transmission, distribution and generation facilities under ESCC jurisdiction.
- Safety of personnel and equipment through strict enforcement and application of protective switching and tagging procedures and rules.
- Complete and accurate collection of pertinent operating data and information.
- Compliance with FERC, NERC, NPCC, ISO-NE, Local Control Center, and state regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for complying with NERC reliability standards.
- Overall shift responsibilities for proper and consistent application of all established operating procedures, guides, and instructions
Technical Knowledge/Skills :
- Knowledge of generating unit loading, performance capabilities and their operating characteristics.
- Knowledge of generation, transmission and distribution system operating characteristics.
- Knowledge of applicable NERC Reliability Standards, NPCC Criteria, Procedures and Guidelines, and ISO-NE Operating Procedures, and Master/Local Control Center Procedures.
- Knowledge of functions of the various components that make up the generation, transmission and distribution system.
- Knowledge of functions and operating characteristics of the various types of protective relay schemes and special protection systems associated with generation, transmission and distribution facilities such as power lines, station busses, transformers and generators.
- Knowledge of off-line and on-line load flow programs, and ability to perform and analyze load flows, and contingency studies.
- Thorough knowledge of ESCC switching and tagging policies as outlined in the appropriate directives.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with personnel at various levels within the Master/Local Control Center, NEPOOL Participant companies, Local Control Center Participants and non-utility generators.
- Must successfully pass the PSP psychological test at the Transmission level.
- An Associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or two years of formal military/technical training beyond high school or the equivalent is required.
- An Associate’s degree or formal military/technical training is preferred.
- Five years of related dispatching experience, including work in distribution dispatching, generation station operations, electrical maintenance, power system protection and control, or equivalent electric operations experience is required.
Licenses & Certifications:
- The ability to obtain the North American Electric Reliability Council (NERC) certification within the first year.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs