Eversource Energy Supervisor, Right of Way in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This position has shared responsibility for optimizing the cost and performance of the right of way (ROW) property assets of the transmission and distribution systems across all Eversource system companies. This position is responsible for supervising, assigning, prioritizing and directing work performed by ROW staff. This position ensures that the development, expansion, planning, use, documentation and records of the system rights of way are in alignment with the mission and objectives of the organization. This position is also responsible for developing and implementing ROW policies and procedures to manage and preserve property rights and ensure that right of way uses by third parties are consistent with established guidelines and policies of the Company. This position may require on-call and storm related responsibilities.
- Ensures the completion of periodic review of system rights of way to detect potential encroachments and compliance of current uses by established licenses with third parties. Oversees and works closely with ROW staff at each operating company to resolve encroachments and ROW use issues.
- Ensures support for maintenance and construction projects through obtaining rights permitting and easements.
- Ensures support for all ROW aspects of regulatory filings associated with capital and maintenance projects, identifying required property rights and associated permitting.
- Ensures all ROW records and records databases are properly maintained and are compliant with all legal and local requirements. Supports operations by providing ROW record information and interpretation of Company rights relative to rights of way easements and system properties.
- Ensures the documentation and preservation of ROW assets in collaboration with Survey Engineering. Establishes, verifies and/or marks ROW boundary lines in support of all Company projects, ROW protection issues and resolution of encroachments.
- Provides technical support and assistance to Rights & Survey staff, and operating areas relative to ROW management, ROW use guidelines and ROW operating decisions.
- Works closely with Real Estate & Survey Engineering to maximize the use and value of ROW assets to the Company in areas such as licensing, leasing and disposition of surplus property.
- Manages, coaches, develops and reviews performance of the ROW staff.
- Requires extensive knowledge of ROW management, survey principles and practice.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret land survey and engineering ROW plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Five plus years of experience in ROW management, property management and/or real estate law.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs