Eversource Energy Senior Analyst in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Under some direction, you will assist specific business areas in the development of detailed O&M and capital budgets and provides general financial support to those assigned business areas.
You will work with the Accounting Department to provide financial support, analysis and consultation for the production of monthly, quarterly and annual reports concerning budget variances for their assigned business area. Throughout the year, you will assist with re-forecasting O&M and capital budgets based on year-to-date results and other financial information. Additional responsibilities will include financial assessment of various projects, net present value analysis and assisting the business area with preparation of capital project authorizations. The position will also involve some accounting work and allocating vendor invoices to various cost areas.
- Assists in the development of the annual area O&M and capital budgets for assigned business areas.
- Assists in Eversource Corporate O&M and capital planning and reporting activities. Perform budget re-forecasts.
- Assesses performance against plans and coordinate the tracking of individual project spending with the operating areas.
- Supports the analysis of various Company initiatives and their impact on the Company’s and operating area’s financial position.
- Provides financial support consultation to business area managers in their assessment of strategic initiatives and the financial implications of budgeting decisions on business unit performance objectives
- Requires solid working knowledge of financial, accounting and regulatory rules and regulations and the ability to apply this knowledge to detailed financial analyses.
- Having an understanding of Eversource operating structure and an ability to understand and apply the impact of financial decisions on Eversource is preferred
- Requires solid analytical, written and communication skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft office products such as excel
- Powerplan experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, related discipline or equivalent experience.
- An advanced degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years related work involving extensive exposure to financial analysis or accounting.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Work includes analyzing, planning, organizing, evaluating and documenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is frequently performed under time pressure while involving significant business commitments.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs