Eversource Energy Project Manager in Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
Individual will manage projects in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, ensuring all phases are completed efficiently, within scope, on schedule, and within budget. This position works closely with Customer Group leadership and Information Technology (IT). Responsible for the management of all project stages, as well as for ensuring project plans, status, and results are properly documented and communicated in accordance with company and department policies and standards. Travel is required between work locations in MA, NH, and CT.
- Manages both non-technology and technology (agile and waterfall) implementation projects in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire
- Responsible for all aspects of capital and expense projects, including: researching and benchmarking all options; recommending solutions; defining the project scope; developing project requirements and estimating project costs; identifying project benefits, risks, contingencies, dependencies, and metrics for success; preparing project authorization and justification documents; establishing project teams; assigning roles and responsibilities; overseeing project progress; providing status updates, project reports, and related communication; and ensuring successful project completion/implementation (on scope, on budget, on schedule, and achieving benefits as planned)
- Responsible for leading cross-functional project teams, assigning tasks and responsibilities, and determining actions required to prevent or recover from project-business objective mismatch, schedule challenges, dependency conflicts, execution challenges, resource constraints, scope creep, skill deficiencies, communication failures, and project risks
- Manages the team’s creation and review of the project charter; creation of a comprehensive project plan; and development of a project schedule and communications plan. Establishes and oversees the change control methodology. Provides sensitivity/scenario analysis around critical assumptions and quantification of risk parameters
- Works with business units, legal department, and enterprise risk management to probe business issues and to gain an understanding of regulatory, legislative, legal, and utility industry environments for the effective development of financial, strategic, and operational project assumptions
- Requires proficiency in project management applications, as well as in typical business management software (e.g., Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
Requires the ability to lead and manage people; work independently; analyze complex data and identify solutions; and communicate effectively
Possesses the ability to cope with aggressive deadlines, manage time effectively, set and adjust priorities, define roles and responsibilities, and make strategic decisions
- Ability to run meetings, motivate others, and interact with all levels of the organization
- Requires ability to schedule, plan, and manage numerous complex projects concurrently
- Requires strong listening, speaking, and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with proven leadership and customer focus
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Finance, Accounting, Economics), Engineering, or other closely-related discipline required. MBA; other advanced degree; formal project management certification or completed coursework; or related professional designations are strongly preferred.
Minimum of 10 years of complex project management experience, including experience with project management software and applications and agile and waterfall project management methodologies, or equivalent experience, required. Other related experience considered. Experience working within a regulated environment, particularly within the electric and gas utility industry, preferred.
Number of Openings:
Project Management Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor