Eversource Energy Manager, Voice of the Customer in Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for leading and improving our Voice of the Customer Research & Analysis (VOC), Executive Inquiries, and I Am Eversource practices and teams.
- The main goals of the VOC practice are to ensure that Eversource has effective practices in place to obtain customer input and use it to inform company business improvement initiatives and regulatory requirements. The VOC practices ensures that Eversource leaders and employees are aware of how our customers perceive the company and their interactions with company processes and employees, identifying the key drivers of customer satisfaction, and specific information to guide and measure the customer experience with Eversource. Voice of the customer information is obtained in a variety of methods, including in-house surveys, syndicated satisfaction studies, the online community, and other research. VOC is shared through the VOC Dashboard, special analyses & reporting, and other company methods for sharing customer experience information.
- The Executive Inquiry practice goals are to research and provide customers thorough, quick and satisfactory responses concerning pain points about which they reach out to Eversource executives or the Better Business Bureau, and complaints escalated within the Call Centers or Field Triage Processes. This work involves conducting root cause analyses with business partners from across the company, and ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and procedures, while fostering an engaging environment of going above and beyond for our customers.
- The I Am Eversource (IAE) practice is a process for employees to help resolve customer issues they are made aware of while at or away from work. The process allows employees to submit information about a specific customer’s pain point or question which results in quick response to customers to inform them or solve their concerns via an internal outreach process similar to the Executive Inquiry resolution process.
These practices require frequent and ongoing engagement with employees and leaders across Eversource, and ongoing engagement with vendors providing CX (Customer Experience) services (i.e. JD Power, MSI/Cogent, KL Communications, Qualtrics).
- Lead the company in obtaining and understanding customer satisfaction insights to inform our CX strategy and ensure regulatory compliance with performance based rate mechanisms.
- Set company expectations for VOC strategy and consulting across the enterprise.
- Support and collaborate with Strategic Communications, Regulatory, Corporate Performance Management and customer facing organizations to support needs for customer satisfaction and experience insights, analysis and reporting
- Lead the VOC Team, including coaching and developing, goal setting and performance evaluation with team members
- Lead, promote and evolve VOC Team practices (VOC Research & Analysis, Exec. Inquiry, I Am Eversource), ensuring quality, timeliness and effectiveness
- Ensure company leaders and employees have frequent and routine access to VOC and customer satisfaction information, structured to enable multi-level information needs (executives to front line employees)
- Maintain current knowledge of major customer business processes at Eversource, including evolving plans for the future, and including needs for customer information. Participate in customer process journey mapping and other CX transformational initiatives.
- Identify and recommend specific process improvements and/or coaching opportunities identified during research and analysis for executive inquiries, I Am Eversource issues, and customer satisfaction/VOC analysis.
- Ensure gaps in customer satisfaction are identified and analyzed, with results and opportunities for improvement communicated effectively
- Ensure the effectiveness of external vendors and their products to support our VOC needs.
- Provide timely response to regulatory requirements or business process initiative needs.
- Prepare and work within department budgets to support ongoing and future business needs.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Ability and desire to successfully lead working teams and projects. Key competencies expected in candidate’s interpersonal skills, leadership style, the ability to build and maintain effective and trusted working relationships, communication skills (verbal, written and executive level presentations), and manage multiple priorities. Working experience in developing analytics and utilizing data to drive decision making. Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Education/Experience: Requires a bachelor’s degree in business, related discipline, or equivalent experience. Previous experience in customer research, customer analytics, process improvement, and project management is a plus.Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience.
Number of Openings:
Customer Service Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor