Eversource Energy Manager, Telephony Strategy and Support in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! The Manager, Telephony Strategy and Support will plan, manage and measure Eversource’s telephony operation and resources to meet company goals and department objectives. This position is a leadership role on the Digital Strategy and Channel Management team and will provide strategy, project and operational support for existing telephony functionality. Define and drive the most value in customer service automation by evaluating new ideas, telephony technologies and potential integration with other platforms. Establish governance processes and routines, standards and metrics to ensure cohesiveness and consistency and identify areas of improvement.
- Develop a vision and deliver on a roadmap for evolving our use of customer service telephony automation as a key strategic capability.
- Manages, maintains and evolves customer interaction and voice response systems; designing user interfaces; developing and executing user acceptance test plans; planning and controlling implementations.
- Maintains and improves telephony operations by managing and monitoring performance of vendor(s); identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs; installing upgrades.
- Accomplishes team objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching and counseling employees; administering on-call scheduling systems; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing performance; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provide strategic and tactical support with Eversource Call Center operations (including timely and effective communications) to help optimize Call Center performance.
- Meets financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepares performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends. Continually optimize operations and enhance capabilities by identifying and implementing changes where necessary
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in telephony operations management; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Responsible for ensuring environment maintains operational excellence, regulatory/risk compliance, strong customer experience
Additional Job Description
- Customer Focus, Customer Service, Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Process Improvement, Problem Solving, Teamwork, People Management, Managing Processes, Emphasizing Excellence
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into actionable plans and tactics.
- Advanced knowledge of telephony and interactive platforms and technologies including ACD, IVR, Virtual Hold, outbound calling campaigns, etc.
- Working knowledge of contact center operations
- Results oriented with an understanding of strategy and the latest technologies to improve processes
- Desire to work collaboratively and experience in a leading a team to results
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), strong interpersonal, negotiation and management skills, and strong business acumen
- Requires thorough knowledge of information technology in a high transaction environment
- A cool attitude and willingness to work in a collaborative environment with a focus on the customer
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email).
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Computer Science, Communications, Data Analytics, Business Administration, Marketing or Management, or equivalent experience.
10 years of experience with experience managing and supporting telephony and interactive platforms and technologies including ACD, IVR, Virtual Hold, and outbound calling campaigns
Work experience within a customer service organization, telecommunications or energy industry preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise and/or Microsoft SQL Certification preferred but not required
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs