Eversource Energy Lead Engineer - Protection & Controls Engineering in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This position is responsible for supervising, assigning, prioritizing and directing the work activities of a team of Protection & Controls Engineering personnel to perform activities related to the engineering and design of protective relays and associated systems for the transmission and distributions system. In addition, this position assists in the evaluation of protection system operations and system failures, along with appropriate resolutions, to provide support to operations on unplanned maintenance. This position shares accountability with peers in the planning, development, and design of the organization’s asset management plan for protection system assets. Responsible for supervising, assigning, prioritizing and directing the work performed by other Engineers.
- Supervises the work activities of personnel assigned to the Protection & Controls Engineering section. Ensures projects undertaken are in accordance with Eversource P&C Engineering goals and objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring assigned personnel follow company standards and procedures in the development of Protection and Controls designs and relay settings.
- Develops employees using performance management, coaching, and, as appropriate, rotational assignments.
- Responsible for the development of preliminary engineering designs and design standards, as necessary.
- Responsible for the evaluation and selection of technology and equipment for the system.
- Develops infrastructure strategy, operating philosophy and technical basis for asset renewal decisions.
- Manage work activities associated with the System Planning group to provide design guidance and protections system performance details necessary for planning studies.
- Manage work activities associated with the Interconnections group and Distributed Generation Group to provide design review and guidance for new transmission and distribution interconnection requests.
- Collaborates with other groups within Eversource Engineering to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Provides technical support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities, engineering guidelines and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations.
- Accountable for root-cause analysis, development and implementation of corrective actions.
- Works closely with Asset Management on project justification and financial rationing.
- Support the development of standards and procedures for operation and maintenance of the transmission and distribution system.
- Manage work activities associated with development, review and periodic update of control center operating procedures
- Assumes the role of Project Manager, as required.
Education: Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering. Emphasis in Power Systems is desired.
Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the technical, operational, or engineering aspects of the electric utility industry with a strong background in protection engineering. Supervisory experience preferred.Experience with IEC 61850 preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs