Eversource Energy IT Supervisor Application Development in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Role and Scope of Position:
The IT Supervisor - Application Development is responsible for leading the design, development, maintenance, and enhancement of business applications for an enterprise (or in a designated major area of business e.g. Utility Group, Corporate Center, etc.). The incumbent works directly or through subordinates with customers, colleagues, and other key stakeholders to identify client’s information requirements and seek out opportunities to construct new or modify existing applications that will enable clients to achieve critical business strategies, while at the same time educating the work force in the strategic use of technology in the business. The position requires a high level of planning, organizing and work management skills, the ability to effectively delegate work, adherence to establish development standards and work practices, and solid judgment/problem solving skills. The IT Supervisor generally reports to a Level 3 Product Manager or Technology Manager and works closely with software engineering, operations, and other functional IT areas that enable/support multi-platform application development. The main challenge of the application development process is achieving the optimum integration level of business systems, data and integration with communications technology and evolving technology.
• Implement business system plans, directing development, release and maintenance of company business application and process control systems.
• Establish an environment to ensure project costs and schedules are properly estimated and controlled.
• On a continuous basis use critical leadership techniques to effectively communicate with employees to establish and maintain a high level of motivation and sense of direction.
• Collaborate with Clients, vendors, industry consultants, and senior management to define acceptable service levels
• Integrate activities with business unit and other IT departments to ensure the successful implementation and support of project efforts.
• Manage the reconciliation of client requirements with existing and/or projected computer capacity, capabilities and performance.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key clients.
• Direct the overall deployment and activities of their staff and facilitate the resolution of situations brought to their attention that impact the cost, schedule or technical parameters of projects.
Knowledge of human resource policies and procedures. Ability to lead multi-disciplined teams to achieve assigned project schedules, costs and goals.
Mastery of Project Oversight and Conflict Management. Refer to “Evaluation Guide: Project Manager Skill for IT Leadership” for further details.
Working knowledge of the organization’s business practices and strategies as well as familiarity with the company’s products and resources.
Mastery level knowledge in information systems technologies and methodologies in mainframe, midrange and PC compatible and emerging environments. Knowledge in business application design system development and ongoing performance upgrades generally for a single product or group of small products that support a client’s business process. The ability to work effectively with corporate level IT groups such as Data Base design, Operations, and, Data Architecture.
Strong analytical and conceptual skills including the ability to solve complex technical problems and the ability to obtain approval of IT to implement supported solutions.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required.
A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Level 4 Business Application Developer or a Level 4 Business Analyst or the equivalent.
Licenses & Certifications:
• Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
• Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
• Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
• Show how employee’s work fits in
• Provide business updates, news
• Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
• Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
• Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
• Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
• Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
• Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
• Recognize good performance
• Visit crews in the field
• Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
• Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
• Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
• Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
• Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
• Encourage ideas
• Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
• Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
• Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
• Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
• Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs