Eversource Energy Grid Modernization Intern in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Intern is responsible for directly supporting execution of the Company’s research and implementation plans related to modernization of the design and operation of the electric distribution system. This dynamic and rapidly evolving field includes adapting the distribution system to incorporate new technologies such as solar PV generation, battery storage, and microgrids, as well as the charging infrastructure for electric vehicles (EVs). Individual will support multi-disciplinary teams responsible for all phases of implementation including technology review and selection; project planning and execution; internal and external project reporting and tracking; and stakeholder engagement. Individual will also support efforts to research and develop plans for additional modernization opportunities including investigation and assessment of new tools and technologies relevant to the modernization of the electric distribution system.
- Support multi-disciplinary teams across three states from distribution engineering, system planning, substation engineering, telecommunications engineering, standards, system operations, field operations, IT, regulatory, legal, community relations, corporate strategy and other groups to ensure effective and efficient implementation of grid modernization programs.
- Participate in review and assessment of technology options related to grid modernization, including working with internal teams to execute competitive procurement processes.
- Perform industry research to assist the Company in gaining competitive intelligence associated with grid modernization technologies.
- Support internal and external tracking and reporting requirements associated with grid modernization programs, including reporting of metrics related to the achievement of project benefits.
- Investigate new technologies and tools in the industry, and assess the relevance of and benefit to the Company’s grid modernization efforts.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Basic understanding of electrical engineering concepts such as load flow, voltage regulation, power factor, losses etc.; analytical skills including experience using spreadsheet and database tools; good presentation skills; demonstrated competency and proficiency in oral and written communications. Ideal candidate is customer driven; displays initiative with a can-do attitude; accepts responsibility and holds others accountable; participates in and facilitates team effectiveness.
Education : Requires enrollment in a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology; preferred to have at least 2 years completed.
Working Conditions: Travel throughout the service territory may be occasionally required. Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, and writing and typing.
Problem Solving & Complexity: Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and remain self-directed is required. Work includes technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Physical Aspects: Daily use of a computer and other office type equipment.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs