Eversource Energy Engineering Technician A in Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
THIS POSITION IS ALSO BEING POSTED AT THE ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN B AND ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN C LEVELS (R-005948 and R-006208); HOWEVER ONLY ONE POSITION WILL ULTIMATELY BE FILLED.
Individual operates, revises, and maintains computer hardware, software and data associated with the installation and operation of the NH Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) System, Electronic and Telemetry Equipment, SCADA Remote Terminal Units (RTU/s) and Electric System Control Centers’ (ESCC and SOC) equipment.
Essential Functions :
- Designs, builds, implements, tests and maintains databases for various computer systems.
- Designs, builds, implements, tests and maintains computer system video displays and software for various computer systems.
- Assists in the development and writing of procedures, engineering drawings and instructions for the planning, design, implementation, operation test and maintenance of various computer systems and building facilities.
- Performs scheduled inspections and preventative maintenance on computer mainframes, peripheral equipment, communicating equipment and building environmental equipment.
- Monitors performance of computer, communications and telemetering hardware utilizing standard test equipment and diagnostic programs, and coordinates repairs with appropriate participant facility test departments and/or vendors.
- Works with Relay & Control, Meter Lab, Electrical Maintenance and other crews in the field to implement, test and modify new and existing interfaces between substation equipment and the computer system.
- Reads, interprets, and revises engineering drawings, schematic, wiring and interconnection diagrams.
- Provides input to local management of system problems and limitations; recommending retirement and expansion upgrades of system operation as appropriate.
- Designs, builds, implements, tests, and maintains computer generated logs and reports for service of various computer systems.
- Performs routine backup and preservation procedures to protect vital data, programs and information associated with various computer systems.
- Serves during emergency repair efforts to keep records of computer events and accurate updates of system configuration changes.
- Coordinates with the Independent System Operator (ISO-NE) and other agencies in order to perform testing of work on various operating computer systems.
- Recognizes, investigates and corrects or aids others in correcting errors in the information presented to the Dispatchers via the Energy Management System.
- Serves as liaison with ISO-NE participants and vendor committees or working groups.
- Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments.
- Knowledge of communications equipment.
- Knowledge of computer system concepts, operations, components and programs.
- Ability to diagnose and correct computer problems/peripheral malfunctions to the component level.
- Ability to understand procedures, guidelines, memos and documentation associated with assigned engineering projects.
- Ability to carry out work assignments with minimal supervision.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Color distinction.
- Communicate effectively and follow detailed written instructions.
- Read and interpret logic and system diagrams.
- Operate and interpret a variety of electronic instrumentation, test equipment and diagnostics.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with others.
Education: An Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, or the equivalent degree.
Experience: Four years of related experience in such areas as power system operation, computers and telemetry is required.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor