Eversource Energy Customer Service Consultant in Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
This position provides decision support to the Customer Group through the planning, development and implementation of technically oriented and analytical tasks and assignments. This includes performing a variety of detailed analyses and evaluations requiring coordination and communication with various Customer Group, IT, and other internal business partners (e.g., Legal, Regulatory, Corporate Communications, etc.) as well as external regulatory agencies and professional industry associations. Primary responsibilities include: identification of opportunities for business process improvements; development, execution and analysis of data extracts from existing customer Information Technology (IT) systems including various data marts and data warehouses; development and documentation of technical specifications, test plans and implementation plans for system/process related work requests; collaboration with IT to enhance IT systems in order to drive business process improvements; and works with users and service providers to determine desired performance levels and establish measures necessary to monitor goals.
- Plans, develops and implements a variety of complex studies and investigations including cost - benefit analyses, financial analysis, system design specifications, test plans, policies, procedures and other technical and administrative evaluations impacting Customer Group programs.
- Provides detailed analyses and reporting / consolidation through the application of extensive analytic skills.
- Converts data into useful information using EXCEL and PowerPoint.
- Conducts root cause analyses, and applies a disciplined approach to data collection, measurement, business analytics including forecasting, extrapolation and presentation.
- Identifies appropriate business metrics that align with strategy, objectives and goals.
- Defines and solves problems, plans and organizes projects, manages the cooperative efforts of multiple projects to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Works with multiple projects concurrently under suspense while conveying complex information in a clear, accurate and concise manner under routine circumstances
- Monitors all action plans and critical path schedules to ensure deadlines are being met
- Supports development, and maintenance of management and information systems which schedule and estimate work, monitor field/staff progress towards Customer Group financial and operational goals and objectives.
- Supports studies to identify Customer Group management related issues regarding the various aspects of serving customers and recommends solutions to identified problems.
- Analyzes proposed or existing methods, policies, procedures and/or technologies related to Customer Group activities to drive process improvement and improve collections effectiveness.
- Contributes to the assessment and improvements to systems, procedures and computer applications related to all Customer Group operations.
- Supports the production of Customer Group financial and operational management reports which include detailed quantitative analysis of data, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Supports the analysis and tracking of lead generation for revenue assurance investigations.
- Participates in cross-functional project teams that affect customer services processes, customer systems, and various data marts and data warehouses.
- Provides assistance to various Customer Group training functions for developing instruction/training.
- Responds to regulatory and law enforcement agency requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Represents Customer Group and Eversource on specific industry committees, professional societies or joint study groups as authorized.
- Participates in the budget process including planning, tracking and reporting on costs associated with internal and external service providers and reconciles monthly budget expenditures. Collaborates with key internal business partners to identify and resolve internal service level agreement issues.
- Analyzes impacts of contractual scenarios upon operations and costs including assessment of financial/economic value, cost and risk of services provided under various scenarios.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial reporting and analysis, experience with IT systems and performance reporting, and strong analytical and investigative skills; demonstrated presentation, verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills; thorough understanding of regulations, customer systems, meter history and meter reading data files and transactions, and various data marts and data warehouses; . Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel). Medium-to-high level programming or a demonstrated programming aptitude (COBOL, SAS, ACL, SQL, etc.) preferred. Ability to work with financial models and perform financial analysis preferred.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, related discipline, or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
Experiences: Minimum of Five (5) years’ of related experience. Demonstrated experience in building analytical models, working with IT systems, project and contract management and financial/investment decision analysis.
Licenses & Certifications: Valid motor vehicle license required; experience with Six Sigma and / or Lean process improvement a plus
Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing, walking, and using computers and telephones. Traveling to various offices within or outside the state may be required. Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Work includes calculating, comparing, documenting, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively within the organization and be able to recognize and work with sensitive and confidential information.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Customer Service Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor