National Grid Lineworker 1/C in Malden, Massachusetts
• Perform all duties of a Lineworker 1/C and/or Single Person Worker duties.
• Maybe required to handle substances considered hazardous.
• Follow all National Grid environmental policies.
• Occasionally direct and train overhead line crew personnel.
• Maintain various records and procure all stock as needed
• Install and remove common meters on single- phase services as required.
• Contribute to crew productivity, safety, and knowledge of the job.
• Be capable to act as Field Control Authority and assume responsibility for Red Tags
• Be proficient as a Lineworker 1/C as demonstrated by proficiency, testing and past performance appraisals.
• Be thoroughly familiar with all Safety Standards.
• Retain appropriate qualifications on the National Grid Switching and Tagging list.
• Be thoroughly familiar with all Construction, Operating, and Maintenance Standards, and Safety Standards and Procedures.
• Be proficient with the use of elec
tronic devices and maintain various records, reports, and forms regarding payroll, materials used, and condition of plant, tools, and equipment.
• Demonstrate the ability to properly operate vehicles, tools, and equipment assigned to the department.
• Furnish an acceptable means of off-hour contact by telephone.
• Retain a valid motor vehicle operator's license, which does not restrict driving as to type of transmission or hours of operation.
• Must maintain a DOT health certificate and a System hoisting certificate.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Please be advised that due to the nature of this position, incumbents are subject to US Department of Transportation (“DOT”) safety regulations.