Pike Corporation Engineer III in Lutz, Florida
This is the third level of the Engineering classification. Provide engineering/technical expertise to solve more complex problems, and provide leadership skills to manage work in a specific area of expertise, with minimal supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under minimal supervision, in the area of expertise will provide:
• engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
• effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
• thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
• continuous improvement of job-related, engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
• effective oral and written communication skills
• accurate records and files
• 8 to 10 years experience as a practicing engineer or state registration as a Professional Engineer.
• Proficient in engineering theories and principles.
• Proficient in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
• Registered Professional Engineer
• Proficient in principles of project management
• Experience in the utility industry.
NOTE:This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Organization: *Pike Corporation, Inc.
Title: Engineer III
Requisition ID: 2000026I