LG&E and KU Energy IT Development Co-op/Intern in Louisville, Kentucky
Title IT Development Co-op/Intern
Requisition ID 4655BR
Address 220 W Main Street
Job Function Intern/Coop
Position Purpose This intern position is responsible for assisting the Business Intelligence and SharePoint Development Team in developing collaboration sites and data analytic solutions for various business units across the business enterprise. Under immediate supervision, the intern will gain hands on experience meeting with clients to understand their needs, developing analytical programs per business need, participating in user acceptance and implementing the solution into our production environment.
Seeking a student going to school full time (at least 12 credit hours) pursuing a bachelor’s degree to work 20 to 40 hours per week (8am-5pm – Monday-Friday) with flexibility around the student’s class schedule.
Required Education & Experience · Completed sophomore year of undergraduate studies with declared major in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or related discipline.
· Able to write CSS to ensure consistent design across pages.
· Knowledge of Oracle or SQL databases preferred.
· Experience with databases such as SQL and Oracle
· Experience with SQL is a plus
· Ability to collaborate in a team environment to build effective technical solutions.
· Ability and willingness to learn
· Minimum 3.00 GPA.
· Development of Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards and reports using Microsoft BI Toolkit
· Development of SharePoint client sites, lists and Forms
· Manage multiple tasks while accurately maintaining record of work accomplishments
· Perform other duties as directed and assigned by the manager
Work Conditions Normal office environment.
Physical Effort Normal office environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Louisville Gas & Electric and Kentucky Utilities (LG&E and KU) is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace.
© LG&E and KU
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, perceived disability or any other protected characteristic as may be defined by applicable law.
Learn more about equal employment protections:
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our Human Resources department ator call 502-627-2410, and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and phone number.