ConEdison Management Associate (EP), Leadership Development Program (LDP) in Long Island City, New York
Management Associate (EP), Leadership Development Program (LDP)
Aug 31, 2021
Posting Expiration Date:Jan 1, 2022
Organization:Learning and Inclusion
Section:L&I Leadership Dev Program
Location:NY-Long Island City-The Learning Center
Analyst Aide Temp Coops - College Students (Business Majors) (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/4289786-analyst-aide-temp-coops-college-students-business-majors)
Computer Aide Temp Coops - College Students (IT Majors)
Engineering Aide Temp Coops - College Students (Engineering Majors) (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/4289780-engineering-aide-temp-coops-college-students-engineering-majors)
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Consolidated Edison is the innovative leader in infrastructure, cyber security, technology, transmission, and clean energy policy. As frontrunners in shaping the future of energy production, transmission, and delivery, we seek the best and the brightest to join us in shaping the future of energy.
Our Leadership Development Program (LDP) has three program tracks: Engineering, Information Technology, and Business. As a recent college graduate, this comprehensive 18-month rotational leadership development program will introduce you to the dynamic world of the energy industry. Our goal is to cultivate the foundational leadership skills (i.e., critical thinking, open communication, leadership, job knowledge, initiative, innovation, and corporate citizenship) needed to improve business outcomes, lead high performing teams, and to grow as an agile leader.
We recruit highly motivated candidates with a proven track record of leadership, teamwork, and collaboration skills. If you are a flexible learner who is intellectually curious, committed to delivering results, supportive of others, and resilient in the face of change, this is the right opportunity for you. Over the program's history, successful LDP graduates have matriculated across their careers into leadership positions in the ConEdison companies, including the C-Suite.
Our program consists of:
Three (3) intensive six-month rotational assignments throughout the New York City, Westchester and Rockland Counties designed to grow your knowledge of our operations and how we do business.
A minimum of one (1) supervisory assignment in an operations environment leading a team of employees
Ongoing coaching and feedback from our best-in-class LDP support team
Deliver formal presentations to company leaders during and at the end of each assignment, showcase your depth of knowledge, key process improvement recommendations, accomplishments, and lessons learned
Cross-functional training to develop your leadership and technical skill sets while cultivating your knowledge of the energy industry
Con Edison provides a strong network of support for our Management Associates. Each Associate is assigned an LDP Committee, LDP Supervisor, Assignment Manager, Mentor, and a Peer Mentor. After completing the program, LDP Associates may apply for permanent positions in the company.
Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree A Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Management or Business Administration; Information Technology, Computer Science or Environmental Science within the past two (2) years.
- Master's Degree Master of Engineering, Master of Science in Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering or Master of Science in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Management or Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science or Environmental Science within the past two (2) years.
Required Work Experience
Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher Required
Graduation date between January 2020 - July 2022 from an accredited bachelor's or master's degree program Required
Major program of study in Engineering, Information Technology, or Business Required
Less than three (3) years of full-time work experience Required
Strong verbal and listening communication skills Required
Strong written communication skills Required
Collaboration and team building skills Required
Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint Req
Skills & Ability
Effective leadership skills
Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Maintains composure under pressure
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able to meet the requirements of chosen rotational assignment.
Must be able and willing to travel within the company service territory, as required.
Must be able to work night shifts, midnight and rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays, as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.