Iberdrola USA System Protection & Control Technician A Trainee Acceptable NYSEG 60461 Liberty in Liberty, New York
Job No: 251
Under close supervision:
- Performs tripping tests of complicated control schemes such as local back-up relay systems found in our EHV substations.
- Performs tripping tests on control systems on power plants. Under directive supervision performs such typical duties as:
- Tests, adjusts and maintains all types of protective relays including network protectors.
- Checks accuracy of and performs operational tests on electrical control systems.
- Installs, tests and maintains supervisory control systems including both relay and solid state type equipment. May work on telemetering systems.
- Installs, tests and maintains power line carrier, pilot relay systems and other communications equipment.
- Makes corrections to drawings relating to electrical control systems and protective equipment. Assists in keeping an up-to-date, accurate file.
- Assists in collecting data for relay and circuit breaker operation.
- Makes phase angle tests on lines and transformers to determine proper connections.
- Maintains automatic oscillographs, and assists in interpreting the results.
- Checks installation and operation of tap changing under load and switched capacitors.
- Directs the work of lower-rated employees assisting him. Assists in training lower-rated System Protection & Control Technicians.
- Does other related or less skilled work as required.
Note: When the System Protection & Control Technician "A" performs duties listed under "directive supervision" without supervision by a senior System Protection & Control Technician or other supervisor for four hours or more, he shall receive a substitution bonus (up-grading of one wage level if a week or more).
Experience, Education and Special Information Required:
Must possess AAS degree in Electrical Technology or its equivalent as determined by passingappropriate test.
Must have complied with all terms of the Memorandum of Agreement governing the System Protection & Control Technician Training Program.
- Must have practical working knowledge of electrical generation, sub-station, transmission and distribution operation.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Company's Electrical and Mechanical Tagging Rules.
- Must be familiar with Company's Safety Rules, approved methods of resuscitation and be able to render practical First Aid.
- Must be able to qualify for appropriate operators' licenses.
- Normal health, physique and use of senses as indicated by passing the required physical examination given by a Company physician, including color perception.
- Should possess temperament suited to jobs where manual dexterity, precision and patience are particularly essential.
- Must be especially neat and orderly in work.
- Must have established reputation for being trustworthy when in possession of confidential information.
- Must be willing to work extra and/or irregular hours as required.
- Must be particularly alert in observing hazards and avoiding accidents and when working on or near live conductors, structures and equipment must proceed with the most diligent caution.
- Should be capable of making constructive recommendations as to new procedures and standards.
- Must meet general qualifications for all employees, as described in the Introduction to Job Specifications.
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply to positions, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 833-246-6347 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business and Department
Job Title: System Protection & Control Technician "A"
Location: Liberty, New York
Publication date: 16.04.2018