Lakeland Electric Water Utilities Engineering Supevisor in Lakeland, Florida
This is a highly responsible supervisory engineering position. An employee in this class is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and supervising engineering design and drafting activities. Work normally requires the supervision of and cooperation with engineering and technical subordinates. Assignments are received in broad outline and require independent organization of the work, formulating technical policies within the assigned specialty and monitoring work to ensure efficient operation. Work is reviewed by the director for overall effectiveness and attainment of objectives within the assigned functions. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as Engineering division supervisor, directing and monitoring engineering programs and staff assigned to the section.
- Coordinates assigned functions and activities of this division with other city departments and divisions, other governmental agencies, and private consulting engineers and contractors.
- Provides technical guidance for work assigned and delegates responsibility to lead engineers and technicians.
- Oversees and is responsible for work produced by subordinate engineers.
- Directs work planning, schedules, studies, estimates manpower needs, and develops and administers the division budget.
- Develops materials and construction specifications to be used as standards by the division.
- Plans the scheduling and control of authorized capital projects.
- Maintains records of initiated projects cost and construction data.
- Supervises establishment of equipment operation standards and ratings.
- Participates in design and analysis as necessary.
- May be required to work overtime or alternate hours as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
Position is designated as Mission Critical. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs related work as required. QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE) AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with a degree in mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering or a closely related field.
- Six (6) years of experience in engineering work.
- Three (3) years of experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer currently licensed to practice in Florida.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state of Florida driver’s license.
Must maintain a valid telephone number. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and practices applied in planning, location and design and as required for carrying out details of standardized design or assigned research.
- Extensive knowledge of fundamental and applied engineering science.
- Extensive knowledge of statistical principles, applications and in designing difficult engineering projects.
- Skill in making complex engineering computations and in designing difficult engineering projects.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of subordinate engineers and technicians.
- Ability to plan, budget, and direct an engineering project of considerable magnitude.
- Ability to conduct engineering research, write technical reports, give reliable advice on complex engineering problems, plan specifications and reports.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, consultants, contractors, employees and the general public. WORKING ENVIRONMENT/CONDITION:
Work requires sedentary activities that involve walking or standing some of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a recurring basis, and routine keyboard operations.
- The job risks exposure to no significant environmental hazards.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, field of vision, hearing, speaking, and color perception, sense of smell, depth perception and texture perception.
All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including “junk” folders. Test times and locations to be announced.
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Job Title: Water Utilities Engineering Supevisor
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $43.55 - $67.56 Hourly $3,484.22 - $5,405.17 Biweekly $7,549.14 - $11,711.19 Monthly $90,589.66 - $140,534.29 Annually
Job Type: Full Time Regular
Location: City of Lakeland, Employment Services, 500 N. Lake Parker Avenue, Lakeland, Florida
Department: Water Utilities 15