Lakeland Electric Sales Assistant in Lakeland, Florida
To assist in promoting a professional relationship with customers who are interested in various aspects of golf.
This is a part time temporary position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Responsible for collecting and accounting for daily receipts.
- Markets the sale of golf course privileges.
- Explains local rules and privileges to customers.
- Sells Pro Shop merchandise and equipment.
- Prepares daily tee time sheets.
- May repair golf clubs.
Prepares gift certificates. ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS:
Performs related work as required.
- May be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
Position may be designated as Mission Critical by Department Director. QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE):
High school diploma from an accredited school or its equivalent. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess a valid state of Florida driver's license.
Must maintain a valid telephone number. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Light work that involves walking or standing most of the time and involves up to 20 pounds of force on a recurring basis, or skill , adeptness and speed in the use of fingers, hands or limbs on repetitive operation of computer.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of taste, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including "junk" folders. Test times and locations to be announced. The City of Lakeland is a drug free workplace. This position is considered a mandatory testing position, which is subject to pre-employment and random drug testing. All City of Lakeland positions are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing. As a condition of employment, you will be required to pass the pre-employment drug test in accordance with Florida Statute 440.102.
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Job Title: Sales Assistant
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $8.46 Hourly
Job Type: Part Time Temporary
Location: City of Lakeland, Employment Services, 500 N. Lake Parker Avenue, Lakeland, Florida
Department: P & R 09