Lakeland Electric RP Funding Center Support Staff in Lakeland, Florida
This position assist in various functions in support of the RP Funding Center's operations and customer experience. An employee in this classification works directly under the supervision of the Crowd Control Staff Lead, Guest Services Supervisor, Parking Supervisor, or Event Staff Supervisor. This position is responsible for work involving monitoring access to and exiting the facility, securing restricted areas, directing guests to proper entrances and seating areas, monitoring non-ticketed events, monitoring guests' safety, maintaining building safety standards, maintaining crowd control, guarding valuables and money, giving directions, adhering to building policies and specific event requirements. Work is carried out through verbal and written instructions.
This is a part time temporary position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Assists with setting up turnstiles and unchaining doors prior to and at the close of each event.
- Responsible for ensuring that each guest attempting to enter the facility has a ticket for that event.
- Reads each ticket for correct event, date and time. If incorrect information occurs on ticket, the guest should be directed to the proper location for assistance.
- Reminds guests of the no reentry policy on ticket stub and directs emergency requests to the proper location for assistance.
- Provides special direction of information to guests regarding handicapped seating, procedures for lost and found articles, restroom locations and specific event information as instructed regarding assigned events.
- Keeps railings, walls, aisles, stairs and other areas free of congestion as determined by assigned area.
- Monitors crowd for adherence to building safety standards, smoking, cameras, food and beverage policies and specific event requirements.
- Monitors assigned areas for accidents and unsafe conditions and reports same to supervisor immediately to ensure maximum guest enjoyment and safety.
- Collects parking fees from designated work stations.
- Responsible to handle controlled monies collected.
- Provide general information effectively to the public
- Maintains ground and office areas.
- Directs traffic flow to designated areas.
- Responsible for inspecting entrances and exits, restricted areas, and outside building areas.
- Responsible for maintaining a smooth flow of traffic into facility and performing searches or inspecting articles as required.
- Observes and reports suspicious behavior or activities in the interior and exterior of facility.
- Maintains crowd control and is alert to potential disturbances for prevention measures.
- Responsible for completing sign-in sheets, time cards and event paperwork.
- Handles problems and guest complaints in a calm, professional, courteous, and timely manner.
- Diffuses volatile situations quickly in accordance with RP Funding Center policies and directs others to appropriate supervisor.
- Checks facility before, during and after events for damages and lost articles and reports to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors non-ticketed events and performs duties as event requirements dictate.
- Expected to follow the established dress and behavior codes.
- Expected to attend meetings, pre-event meetings and training classes on building policies and procedures as required.
Required to perform other duties and job classifications for RP Funding Center as special and emergency situations or event requirements dictate. QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE):
High school diploma or its equivalent. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Ability to read and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to adhere to building policies and event requirements.
- Ability to interact with fellow employees and the general public in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to handle tickets, cash, and complete necessary ticket sales reports.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to operate a standard golf cart.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and climb stairs as required to assigned areas.
- Ability to remain alert and observant to prevent accidents, safety problems and illegal entry into the facility.
- Ability to handle stressful or emergency situations for guest and personal safety.
- Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time, exerting up to 25 pounds of force on a recurring basis, or routine keyboard operations.
- The job risks exposure to no significant environmental hazards.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, depth perception, and texture perception.
All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including "junk" folders. Test times and locations to be announced.
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Job Title: RP Funding Center Support Staff
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $10.00 Hourly
Job Type: Part Time Temporary
Location: City of Lakeland, Employment Services, 500 N. Lake Parker Avenue, Lakeland, Florida
Department: RP Funding Center 05