Lakeland Electric Lifeguard - Seasonal in Lakeland, Florida
To assist in the complete operation and maintenance of the City of Lakeland aquatics facilities. Keeping the environment healthy and sage for public use. Life guarding and teaching swimming lessons to the public pool users. Assisting the Aquatics Supervisory Staff with any other work related tasks.
This is a seasonal position.
Example of Duties:
- Maintains the health and safety of all users of the facilities and all employees.
- Assists in supervising the polite enforcement of rules, regulations, and policies to all guests, groups and organizations.
- Teaches swim lessons of all levels to registered participants.
- Reports to work to assist at all special events, programs, and holiday open hours.
- Ensures the proper pool maintenance is completed and assists in maintaining cleanliness and chemical balance of pool sites.
- Reports all needed repairs, and troubleshooting for the aquatic facilities, pumps, equipment and hardware.
- Completes and turns in all statistical record keeping regarding lessons, lifeguard duties, and maintenance procedures.
- Answers phone, inform customer, and takes messages.
- Maintains security of the control area and all revenue including cash register, counters and key usage if needed.
Collects all fees within the Aquatics Operation at perspective sites if needed. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serves as a Lifeguard and Public Safety promoter.
- Must be prompt and regular in attendance on the jobsite.
- Performs Professional Rescuer duties as needed including CPR, First Aid and advanced rescues.
- Assists in the delivery and life guarding of programs and special events offered to guests.
- Assists in public relations including but not limited to excellence in phone answering, customer service and brochure information discrimination.
Performs related work as required. Qualifications:
Minimum of some High School Education or 16 years of age.
- Customer Service experience preferred.
- Possess a visible maturity and responsibility level to function professionally in an emergency situation.
- Must possess and maintain a Lifeguard license obtainable through the Aquatics Operation.
- Must possess First Aid, Professional Rescuer CPR, and Oxygen Supplement Training obtainable through the Aquatics Operation.
Must possess a Swim Instructor License obtainable through the Aquatics Operation. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must maintain a valid telephone number.
- Must Pass Pre-employment Swim Test and Personal Interview.
- Must be available to attend all In-Service Training.
- Must possess transportation for multi-work site schedule.
- Must be available throughout entire summer. No vacations granted.
- May be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
Position may be designated as Mission Critical by Department Director. Supplemental Information:
Thorough knowledge and application of life guarding, surveillance, and rescue techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of facility rules, policies, and procedures.
- Skills in office related tasks such as, accurate record keeping, documentation, concise letter writing skills, statistical tracking, informational log entries, organizational skills, and basic computer systems skills.
- Ability to instruct, assign homework and evaluate program participants in the accomplishments of curriculum.
Skill in office related tasks such as, accurate record keeping, documentation, concise letter writing skills, statistical tracking, informational log entries, organizational skills, and basic computer systems skills. WORK ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS:
Requires partially sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time, exerting up to 50 pounds of force on a recurring basis routine keyboard operations.
- The job risks exposure to bright/dim light, chemicals, blood borne pathogen, and environmental hazards.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including "junk" folders. Test times and locations to be announced.
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Job Title: Lifeguard - Seasonal
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $12.01 - $18.63 Hourly $960.69 - $1,490.35 Biweekly $2,081.50 - $3,229.08 Monthly $24,977.94 - $38,748.99 Annually
Job Type: Full Time Temporary
Location: City of Lakeland, Employment Services, 500 N. Lake Parker Avenue, Lakeland, Florida
Department: P & R 09