Lakeland Electric COL Summer College Intern - RP Funding Center Marketing in Lakeland, Florida
Help the Marketing Department with events and promotions for the RP Funding Center. Perform entry level professional duties of moderate difficulty providing the opportunity for professional training in various offices throughout the City. Perform assigned duties to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for successful performance. Specific activities vary by department. Work is performed under direct supervision.
Example of Duties:
- Assist in the advertising of all shows.
- Help proofread print ad copy, radio spot copy, press releases, weekly e-blasts, etc.
- Maintain and update social media sites and online event calendars.
- Promote the entertainment complex by grassroots efforts on ticketed events, when needed.
- Provide professional support such as tracking and charting citywide performance measures; develop tracking methods and gathering performance data.
- Perform self-reading as assigned, correcting errors as they are found.
Conduct special studies in conjunction with a project, analyzes data and makes recommendations based upon studies. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES*:*
Participation in the LEDC Summer Leadership Program is an encouraged opportunity of the internship if the student is interning during the summer
Perform related work as required. Qualifications:
Enrollment as a Junior or Senior or recent graduation from a degree seeking program in an accredited college or university Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field. Required: Unofficial college transcript must be uploaded with application to confirm applicant's major.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work evenings/weekends for some events.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective relationships with supervisor, co-workers, other City employees and the general public.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Microsoft Office Suites.
Skill in communicating effectively both verbally and in writing, and to request clarification when needed. WORKING ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS:
Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a recurring basis, routine keyboard operations.
- The job risks exposure to no significant environmental hazards.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing and speaking.
All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including "junk" folders. Test times and locations to be announced.
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Job Title: COL Summer College Intern - RP Funding Center Marketing
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 02/01/19 4:00 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $10.00 Hourly
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: City of Lakeland, Employment Services, 500 N. Lake Parker Avenue, Lakeland, Florida
Department: Workforce Dev/ Labor Relations 0300000000