Avangrid Senior Project Manager - CUC in Kirkwood, New York
Senior Project Manager - CUC
Company: ROCHESTER GAS & ELEC CORP
Kirkwood, NY, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
• Serve as a Project Manager on strategic, critical, high-risk, unique or complex projects and RFPs to ensure to ensure our customer needs are met/exceeded and where applicable, efficiencies delivered. Responsible for communicating project/RFP status to key stakeholders including sponsors, business leaders, regulators, employees and customers.
• Direct and manage project/RFP development from beginning to end. Maintain project schedules and milestones. Maintain and provide accurate project documentation to auditing upon request.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Acquire resources and coordinate the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. Define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout the project.
• Manage project resources to avoid conflicts, minimize staffing levels, producing efficiencies and deliver projects on-time in within budget.
• Manage and facilitate cross-functional and inter-company teams to deliver agreed-upon project results, on time and within budget, working closely with managers across all operating companies within AVANGRID Networks.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Forecast projects based on external business or regulatory developments and recommend initial project/process proposals. Create project justifications/budgets to support the Portfolio Management Process.
• Manage vendor/consultant relationships including developing RFP's, selection of vendors, contract development and performance benchmarking.
• Coordination of Customer Service Project Definition Documents and support of 5 and 10-year capital budgets.
Skills and RequirementsBachelor’s Degree in business or related field required (or equivalent work experience). Graduate degree or post-graduate coursework in business or related area preferred.
• 10 years min. related work experience required.
• Certification as a Project Management Professional is required, or must be attained within one year of entering position.
• Demonstrated track record as a program and project manager, particularly leading cross-functional teams on unique and complex projects with high visibility.
• Ability to think strategically, develop and communicate a vision.
• Ability to understand and adapt to communication styles of team members and vendors who come from a broad spectrum of backgrounds and experiences. Other requirements include being able to simultaneously manage and oversee business process projects as well as lead project management capability improvement efforts. Database and operating systems experience with the ability to understand dependencies and limitations.
• Must be skilled in the use of project management tools.
• Must be able to coach individuals and teams.
• Must be skilled in the selection and application of training for knowledge and skill transfer.
• Must communicate well at all levels of the organization and to external stakeholders.
• Experience leading organizational change management initiatives is required
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org