Southeast Connections Concrete Finisher in Kernersville, North Carolina
Title: Concrete Finisher
Location: Kernersville, NC
More about this job >
Southeast Connections, LLC provides inclusive infrastructure solutions for the natural gas industry. We construct the systems and facilities to transport the nation's cleanest burning energy resource. Southeast Connections offers complete construction services that include pipeline construction, installation, maintenance, repairs, stations, facility modification and new construction. From Senior Management to the "boots on the ground", Southeast Connections, LLC is dedicated & determined to remain the industry leader and earn continued respect from clients through our professionalism.
We offer excellent compensation and industry-leading benefits, such as health, dental and vision, life insurance, STD and LTD starting on DAY 1. Eligibility for Company matching 401K benefit after 3 months of employment.
The Concrete Finisher performs tasks as directed by foreman in the installation, removal of concrete, asphalt and landscaping.
• Placing concrete, asphalt and sod as needed
• Erecting barricades, cones and warning signs around work site to protect workers from street traffic
• Breaking up pavement using air hammer or sledge hammer
• Drilling holes with hammer drill
• Hand digging to spot underground utilities
• Assist in loading and unloading equipment
• Temporary patching road excavations with temporary patch
• Operating shovels, gas tamps and jack hammers
• Exposed to extreme cold and heat (depending upon the weather)
• Working 8 to 10 hours a day with some weekend work, hours may vary
• Must be willing to travel at any given time; possibly up to 2 weeks at a time
Education Preferred: High school diploma
Experience Preferred: 3 years’ prior concrete experience. A strong work ethic and willing to work in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.