NextEra Energy Water Originator - Distributed Generation in Juno Beach, Florida
Water Originator - Distributed Generation
Date:Jan 15, 2021
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description At NextEra Energy Resources, our employees are optimistic about America’s energy future, and we are focused on providing clean, low-cost, strategic energy and sustainability solutions to our customers.
The Water Originator will support the sales and project origination process for the Distributed Generation team’s Water business. Employees in this role will identify, qualify and secure Water project opportunities in the government, education and commercial & industrial sectors. This position will originate projects through direct customer relationships, strategic channel partnerships and industry relationships. This is a client-facing role, which requires travel and excellent interpersonal skills over the phone, by email, and in person. Experience presenting to and interacting with customers as part of a sales process is a must.
The Water Originator will also manage the internal activities required to respond to bilateral customer requests and formal RFP processes, and ensure we optimize solutions to provide maximum value to our customers. This involves soliciting and coordinating work product from an extensive range of internal subject matter experts. The individual must have strong attention to detail and written communication skills in order to prepare project proposals and other customer-facing materials.
The DG team offers to customers a full suite of Distributed Energy Resources, including solar PV, energy storage, EV charging infrastructure, fleet electrification, onsite gas generation, microgrids, and other solutions. As a member of this team, the Water Originator will be well-versed in these technologies and be able to cross-sell and deliver opportunities to other members of the Origination team.
The DG market is complex, fast-paced and constantly changing. This role is a great opportunity for career growth in a dynamic industry. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies opportunities via internal and external channels
- Screens and qualifies potential project opportunities
- Collects and analyzes customer information including utility bills and water consumption, facility structural and water/electrical characteristics, and credit profile
- Collaborates with internal SMEs, including engineering & construction, project finance, and legal teams, to ensure successful origination of viable projects
- Prepares customer presentations and proposals and coordinates follow up as needed
- Assists in preparing and negotiating term sheets with customers to secure projects
- Researches available market incentives and broader regulatory and public policy considerations
- Creates and maintains Distributed Generation marketing materials
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 5+ years
Employees in this role assist in supporting the sales and project origination process by identifying, qualifying and securing project opportunities involving rooftop and ground-mount solar projects which sell power to commercial, government and non-profit power purchasers. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages incoming leads and the project pipeline
- Screens potential project opportunities
- Creates educational and marketing materials for channel partners
- Prepares client presentations and proposals and coordinates necessary follow up
- Collects and analyzes due diligence information including client credit profile, utility bills and electricity consumption, utility rate schedules and structural and electrical characteristics of client facilities
- Researches available market incentives and broader regulatory and public policy considerations affecting solar incentives
- Researches RFP processes and assists in reviewing RFPs and preparing responses
- Assists in preparing and negotiating term sheets with clients to secure project opportunities
- Participates in responding to prospective client requests and managing day to day dialogue
- Works closely and seamlessly with company's transaction, project finance, legal, engineering and construction teams to ensure successful origination of viable projects
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 3+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Sales Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs