NextEra Energy Utilities International Systems Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Utilities International Systems Analyst
Date:Dec 13, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 33422
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
This role serves a critical function in supporting the UIPlanner financial forecasting, regulatory, clause, cost of service, rate design, and customer service modules. This role requires an individual with a working functional/technical knowledge of the UI Planner model applications and the ability to identify areas for simplification and improvement. This role will be expected to work efficiently with others on new projects as well as support maintenance and enhancements to the various modules.
UI Oversight and Business Logic Support:
- Support the business in providing maintenance support and enhancements including configuring new or changing existing logic and reports.
- Support the business in running all monthly processes when issues may arise including master data setup, data validation and reconciliation from all interfaces such as SAP, PowerPlan and other UI modules
- Provide ideas for simplification, automation or improvement to existing UIPlanner processes
- Assist in maintaining and optimizing the UI Model by ensuring the appropriate level of controls, user and admin security, including compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Assist in working with business units to develop UI Statements of Work, plan UI capital projects, and assist UI consultants during projects. Serve as liaison between UI consultants and IT/business unit personnel to ensure optimal utilization of both FPL and UI resources.
- Serve as a team member for UI capital projects, assisting in design, build, testing, and deployment.
- Provide training and support for business users with updates on best practices and new UI features.
- Assist as needed in preparing and providing project management / status reports as requested by IT and the business
- Function as one of our UI technical expert; and ensure an optimized approach to implementing enhancements and training.
- Provide support to plan and implement system enhancements, upgrades and adjustments in a way that maximizes system availability.
Proven working experience with UI Planner
Basic knowledge of and experience of databases and data management (SQL)
Financial planning, budgeting, or regulatory experience working with a regulatory requirement
Job Overview This job is responsible for analyzing business processes and practices, in an effort to focus the design and implementation of information technology solutions that meet customer needs and business initiatives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Collaborates, on an on-going basis, with the Programmer/Analysts • Applies advanced analytical skills within functional area • Devises or modifies procedures to solve straight-forward problems • May act as project leader for significant projects • Builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience:7+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs