NextEra Energy Utilities International Solutions Architect in Juno Beach, Florida
Utilities International Solutions Architect
Date:Nov 17, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 23354
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This role serves a critical function in supporting the UIPlanner financial forecasting, regulatory, clause, cost of service, rate design, and customer service modules. This role requires an individual with a strong working functional/technical knowledge of the UI Planner model applications and the ability to identify areas for simplification and improvement. This role will be expected to work efficiently and independently to work on new projects as well as support maintenance and enhancements to the various modules.
UI Oversight and Business Logic Support:
- Support the business in providing maintenance support and enhancements including configuring new or changing existing logic and reports.
- Support the business is running all monthly processes when issues may arise including master data setup, data validation and reconciliation from all interfaces such as SAP, PowerPlan and other UI modules
- Provide ideas for simplification, automation or improvement to existing UIPlanner processes
- Maintain and optimize the UI Model by ensuring the appropriate level of controls, user and admin security, including compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Work with business units to develop UI Statements of Work, plan UI capital projects, and assist UI consultants during projects. Serve as liaison between UI consultants and IT/business unit personnel to ensure optimal utilization of both FPL and UI resources.
- Serve as the IT project lead for UI capital projects, assisting in design, build, testing, and deployment.
- Provide training and support for business users with updates on best practices and new UI features.
- Prepare and provide project management / status reports as requested by IT and the business
- Function as the UI technical expert; and ensure an optimized approach to implementing enhancements and training.
- Provide support to plan and implement system enhancements, upgrades and adjustments in a way that maximizes system availability.
Proven working experience with UI Planner
Basic knowledge of and experience of databases and data management (SQL)
Financial planning, budgeting, or regulatory experience working with a regulatory requirement
Job Overview This position anticipates internal and external business challenges or regulatory issues and recommends process, product or service improvements. Employees in this role solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. The successful candidate is recognized as an expert within the organization and operates with no supervision in a complex environment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to the development of functional strategy
- Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives
- Conducts research on emerging trends and technologies supporting application and infrastructure development efforts
- Recommends technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and flexibility
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 8+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs