NextEra Energy Transmission Planner - Associate Project Manager Development in Juno Beach, Florida
Transmission Planner - Associate Project Manager Development
Date: Nov 11, 2021
Location(s): Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408Austin, TX, US, 78701San Francisco, CA, US, 94108
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 57870
NextEra Energy Transmission, LLC (NEET) is the leading competitive transmission company in North America. We develop, finance, construct, operate, and maintain transmission assets across the continent.
Position Specific Description
The expansion of the transmission system will pave the way for a carbon-free future that allows renewables to be implemented in resource optimal locations and transported to load centers. In order to achieve this goal, significant amounts of new transmission infrastructure will need to be built. NextEra Energy Transmission (NEET) is the leading competitive transmission developer in the US and Canada to develop transmission solutions that enable this future.
The NEET transmission planner leads the technical planning efforts in support of transmission development throughout the US and Canada. This position is responsible for both individually performing as well as coordinating intricate technical and economic analysis to identify the most cost-effective and competitive transmission projects to meet identified and projected transmission needs. This position drives all aspects of the project planning, including need/solution identification, reliability analysis, financial and engineering/design viability, economic and expanded benefit analysis, submittal development, and RTO/ISO engagement.
• Replicate ISO/RTO system needs and studies to identify transmission drivers and develop strong transmission solutions
• Perform and leverage analysis to anticipate strategic project sites and routing for new transmission projects, considering anticipated ISO/RTO needs
• Actively engage, understand, and contribute to ISO/RTO planning processes, building strong relationships
• Contribute to the writing of development proposals for new opportunities, including technical submittals on the identified solutions and analyses performed
• Provide guidance in the development of transmission policy that supports competitive transmission opportunities
• Identify enhancements to state-of-the-art tools to better identify optimal transmission opportunities from the analysis of a multitude of scenarios and sensitivities
• Lead the coordination with internal and external Subject Matter Experts to arrive at the most cost-effective and competitive transmission solutions.
• Structure, execute, and manage contractual arrangements with consultants and subcontractors necessary to support a broad range of transmission planning analyses.
• Perform generator and end user interconnection studies for new interconnections to existing assets owned by NextEra Energy Transmission’s operating transmission utilities, including report development
• Provide planning support to NextEra Energy Transmission’s operating transmission utilities, including modeling maintenance and updates as well as strategies for growth and expansion
• Ensure compliance with applicable technical and regulatory requirements.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• 10% - 25% travel required.
The successful individual must possess:
• Effective written and oral communication skills to interact with technical experts, non-technical stakeholders, and executive management
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively work within diverse teams
• Highly organized with the ability to coordinate and track large scale projects
• Electrical engineering degree and/or power systems background is preferred
• Experience with common industry analytical tools such as PSS/E, PSLF, PowerGEM TARA, PROMOD, GRIDVIEW, ASPEN, UPLAN is a plus
• Computer programming expertise is a plus
This job plans, monitors and manages internal projects from initiation to completion. Employees in this job provide technical direction on projects to the department or project team members.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Plans, coordinates and completes projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
Maintains thorough knowledge of new developments and technology pertaining to the projects
Monitors and recommends changes for improvement
Performs other job-related duties as assigned
High School Grad/GED
Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Business Development
Organization: NextEra Transmission, LLC
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs