NextEra Energy Tax Manager in Juno Beach, Florida
Date:Mar 9, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 37393
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description We are seeking a Tax Professional to join the income tax compliance team. This professional will have several key responsibilities including: (1) preparation and review of complex federal and state income tax returns primarily focused on the Competitive and Regulated business; (2)proactively researching laws, regulations, administrative rulings andcourt casesand presenting proposals to lawfully minimize tax liabilities;(3) work with the Tax Accounting team to provide assistance in the tax provision and tax depreciation areas; and (4) work closely with Information Management to continue to streamline processes related to tax return calculations. This position will help ensure that NextEra Energy, Inc. remains “Best in Class” with regard to the quality and efficiency of our income tax compliance process.
Tax Manager – Duties may include:
- Oversee the Federal tax compliance process
- Preparation and Review of Federal and State Corporate/Partnership income tax returns
- Preparation and Review of federal consolidations, sub-consolidations, elections, disclosures and corresponding tax work papers/files
- Prepare and review state consolidated filings
- Conduct technical research and maintain compliance
- Focus on tax planning and special projects (includingsystem maintenance and/or development)
- Researchingand drafting responses to inquiries from governmentagencies regarding tax filings,compliance, andother claims
- Mentoring, leading,or managingone or more taxanalysts
• Extended Hours may be necessary
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- 10+ years of experience in tax with a preffered minimum of 7 years specific to Federal / State tax compliance
- CPA preferred
- Well-developed technical skills with an ability to identify and document both issues and proposed resolutions with minimal guidance
- Proven ability to coordinate the preparation and review of large consolidated and complex unitary tax returns with minimal supervision
- Proficient oral and written business communication skills
- Ability to perform analysis on data and utilize analysis to make tax technical and business decisions
- Strong computer skills with a focus on both analytical and research tools including Corptax, SAP, Business Warehouse, Advanced excel, Power Query / Alteryx or similar platforms
- Proven abilityto lead teams to improve quality, efficiency, predictability and/or transparency
- Desire to seek new and challenging tasks – self-starter mentality
This position is responsible for managing and directing all activities regarding the organization’s tax policy including forecasting and analysis, planning and tax research. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Works to optimize the tax obligation of the organization • Assures that all appropriate tax returns and payments are filed in a timely manner • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree • Experience: 8+ years Preferred Qualifications • Certified Public Accountant (CPA) • Master's - Accounting / Finance • LLM - Master of Laws
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs