NextEra Energy Supplier Diversity Program Manager in Juno Beach, Florida
Supplier Diversity Program Manager
Date:Oct 1, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 46795
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy, Inc. headquartered in Juno Beach, FL is a leading clean energy company widely recognized for its efforts in sustainability, ethics and diversity. We own two electric companies: Florida Power & Light Company, which is the largest rate regulated utility company in the United States and Gulf Power Company, which serves customers in eight counties throughout Northwest Florida.
We are seeking a Supplier Diversity Program Manager to join our Integrated Supplier Chain Department in Juno Beach, FL. This position develops, implements and maintains processes, policies and relationships to drive our Supplier Diversity Program deliverables.
• Develop annual NextEra strategic plan to ensure enterprise-wide participation, with immediate and specific focus on Black-owned businesses;
• Network with other industry-related and Fortune 500 supplier diversity professionals and participate in benchmarking opportunities to improve understanding of supplier diversity best practices;
• Organize and host “mini-trade fairs” and product exhibits to highlight the availability of Small/Minority and Women Business Enterprises (S/MWBE) resources to the company;
• Establish relationship and leverage NextEra’s top primes to initiate development of Tier II program;
• Maintain compliance with the requirements and goals of NextEra’s various subcontracting plans and regulations;
• Provide direction regarding potential supplier diversity state-based policies to Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) teams;
• Develop Mentor – Protégé program;
• Foster relationships among NextEra’s procurement Director/Managers/Agents.
Previous Supervisory/Program Management experience strongly preferred. Master’s Degree highly desired. Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills required.
This position leads a team of sourcing specialists and develops, evaluates, and implements strategies and programs directed towards providing contracted services and materials. Employees in this role lead sourcing strategy, supplier selection and qualification, contract development and overall sourcing management for the entire contract and commodity life cycle. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads a team of Sourcing Specialists, coaching and directing the team to drive down the total cost of ownership and increase productivity
- Maintains relationships with assigned business units, to facilitate understanding of business and supply chain requirements
- Forecasts projected sourcing requirements and manages the pipeline of assigned sourcing activity, to ensure adequate resources are applied
- Oversees the management of the supplier base, ensuring new sources of supply are being continually developed and that ongoing supplier performance is being monitored
- Increases efficiency by continually improving the sourcing process, driving standardization of common items and eliminating waste
- Develops and implements metrics and indicators to assigned responsibilities, to measure and monitor level of performance
- Provides leadership in the development of department personnel, and assumes budget responsibility, as assigned
- Interacts with assigned operating business units, legal experts, and other Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) personnel
- Makes key decisions and/or recommendations concerning sourcing strategy, negotiation strategy, contract awards, and supplier management
- Interacts externally with the supplier community and industry analysts
- Conducts business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for legal and environmental regulations
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 8+ years
- Master’s Degree
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 1+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Purchasing/ Procurement Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs