NextEra Energy Strategic Programs Lead in Juno Beach, Florida
Strategic Programs Lead
Date:Mar 9, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Do you like to work on high visibility projects for Senior Leadership? Are you highly motivated and driven to achieve results? Does working as an internal consultant excite you? (Similar to BCG, McKinsey, etc.) Then this role is for you. You will have the opportunity to work on high priority strategic projects for NextEra Energy, working on a small cross-functional team of SMEs to analyze, develop, and propose strategies or solutions to complex topics. Rapidly analyzing data, stakeholders, and current landscape in order to effectively summarize ideas for review. Projects assigned will typically span 8 – 10 weeks. These projects will have high impact and visibility. Strong analytical skills, project management, and bias for action are essential to be successful in this role.
Employees in this role lead the analysis and strategy on high priority projects as assigned by senior executive management. This position works with a small cross-functional team of Subject Matter Experts (SME) to analyze, develop, and propose strategies or solutions to complex topics. Individuals rapidly identify key data, stakeholders, and the current landscape in order to effectively present ideas for executive review. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads cross-functional projects including data collection, analysis and implementation of recommendations to senior management
- Creates and communicates formal presentation of proposal to business leaders at higher levels of management, including executive
- Develops hypothesis and validates them with data and discussion with appropriate Subject Matter Experts, then consults with business units for additional validation
- Compiles and analyzes highly analytical problem solving analysis, and compiles them in a succinct manner to be reviewed by executive management
- Develops strategies to address opportunities identified through analysis
- Conducts research in other industries and stays abreast of innovative advancements in order to apply them to key problems
- Interacts with senior and executive leadership, developing trust and credibility
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 6+ years
- Master's - Business Administration
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs