NextEra Energy Strategic Programs Lead - Corporate Development in Juno Beach, Florida
Strategic Programs Lead - Corporate Development
Date:Sep 19, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 44548
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy, Inc. is North America’s leading clean energy company headquartered in Juno Beach, Florida. NextEra’s core values are a commitment to excellence, doing the right thing, and treating people with respect. The position will be within NextEra’s corporate development department, reporting to the Director of Strategic Projects.
The role involves working on a team that is focused on high-priority corporate projects. Projects are dedicated to improving performance across a broad variety of business units, from renewable energy (wind, solar, and battery), to gas & nuclear technology, to corporate support functions. The strategic projects group is designed as an internal consulting function which partners with senior executives to understand key business challenges and opportunities, conduct detailed analysis, and formulate strategic solutions. Project timelines typically run 2 - 6 months.
The core duties of this role involves:
- Quickly understand business unit operating models and issues
- Collaborate with business units to become subject matter expert in data gathering, interpretation, and analysis
- Leads the analytical problem-solving process with minimal supervision
- Plans and supervises the on-time delivery of work for 1 to 2 project team members
- Assists in building and managing relationships with business unit leads
- Compiles and presents findings to the strategic project team management and business leaders
Desired candidates must have an undergraduate or graduate degree in business related field, experience within management consulting firms, and a track record in leading successful project outcomes.
The most valuable skills for success in this role will be:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems and develop data driven solutions
- Strong financial analysis and presentation skills
- Expertise in MS Excel and PPT
- A team player that has experience in leading small teams
- Highly organized and deadline driven individual
- High level of comfort with fast-paced and constantly evolving environments Job Overview
Employees in this role lead the analysis and strategy on high priority projects as assigned by senior executive management. This position works with a small cross-functional team of Subject Matter Experts (SME) to analyze, develop, and propose strategies or solutions to complex topics. Individuals rapidly identify key data, stakeholders, and the current landscape in order to effectively present ideas for executive review. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads cross-functional projects including data collection, analysis and implementation of recommendations to senior management
- Creates and communicates formal presentation of proposal to business leaders at higher levels of management, including executive
- Develops hypothesis and validates them with data and discussion with appropriate Subject Matter Experts, then consults with business units for additional validation
- Compiles and analyzes highly analytical problem solving analysis, and compiles them in a succinct manner to be reviewed by executive management
- Develops strategies to address opportunities identified through analysis
- Conducts research in other industries and stays abreast of innovative advancements in order to apply them to key problems
- Interacts with senior and executive leadership, developing trust and credibility
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 6+ years
- Master's - Business Administration
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs