NextEra Energy Sr Quantitative Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Sr Quantitative Analyst
Date:Dec 13, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 34725
is the optimization and analytics team for the world’s largest renewable energy generator. We thrive on solving the toughest problems facing the energy industry and creating innovative forecasting and optimization solutions that lead the way into the next era of energy.
Position Specific Description
Interact with asset managers, fundamental and quantitative traders to develop financial algorithms/models that support trading, origination and asset optimization in the energy market, Quant Developer to build professional grade trade/backcast/backtest infrastructure in R or Python that is used to test trade ideas as well as providing trading signals. Trade infrastructure will seamlessly integrate and build on research code in R and/or Python.
Employees in this role are involved in the entire software development lifecycle from model research to production. The quant developer will work with the quantitative researcher to develop trading infrastructure around the core predictive or optimization algorithm.
- Advanced R and/or Python (2 and 3) knowledge. > 4 years of experience designing and developing commercial quality R or Python software.
- Familiarity with NumPy and statistical programming in Python using Pandas, StatsModels, Matplotlib/Seaborn, Scikit-Learn, and/or SciPy.
- Review and provide insightful feedback on documentation including software architecture, requirements, design documents, test protocols, unit tests, operating procedures, project plans, etc.
- Genuine interest to improve our code/software infrastructure and related services with good sense for code quality. Comfort and interest implementing statistical and mathematical models developed by quant researcher/data scientist is also desired.
- Experience creating and managing R and/or Python (via Setuptools is desirable) packages.
- Experience with SQL and working knowledge of how to build and manage a SQL database. Experience with NoSQL database is a plus.
- Experience with code refactoring for speed and reliability. In particular experience with Rcpp and related family of packages is a plus.
- Experience developing for Unix/Linux was well as Windows environments. Amazon AWS experience is a plus.
- OOP experience in R (S3, S4 and R6) and Python.
- Further technical expertise, such as web development, data visualization, GUI development (e.g. with RShiny, plotly, bokeh, or Jupyter notebooks etc.) is very welcome. Job Overview
Employees in this role develop models, price energy derivatives, design and perform quantitative studies and analyses of spot/forward prices and volatilities for making pricing, trading, and risk management decisions. This position assists in the development of core algorithms and models to support trading, origination, and asset optimization decisions. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Develops and improves upon mathematical models and translates algorithms into code • Works with origination, risk management and trading to interpret valuations provided by models and responds to intra-day trading requests to price and evaluate structured transactions • Assists development of energy price forecast, forward curve, and volatility models • Designs and constructs risk management tools used in evaluating company's risk profile and exposure levels • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's Degree • Master's Degree • Experience:5+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Analytics Inc Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs