NextEra Energy Sr PGD Technical Services Specialist - Cyber Security in Juno Beach, Florida
Sr PGD Technical Services Specialist - Cyber Security
Date:Jan 31, 2021
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 48635
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This position plans, executes, and finalizes projects, according to schedule and within budget. Employees in this role acquire resources and coordinate the efforts of team members--including third-party contractors or consultants, in order to deliver projects according to plan. Successful candidates define project objectives and oversee quality control throughout the project life cycle. This role will support a team of cybersecurity compliance professionals and lead vendor integrators coordinating the procurement, design, integration and implementation of the Cybersecurity tools in support of NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) at Power Generation facilities. The candidate must be organized, efficient at prioritizing tasks, demonstrate knowledge and experience in process design development, and thrive in a dynamic environment.
Duties will include but not be limited to: • Plans and directs the process designs, procurement, integration, installation and maintenance of the of Bulk Electric System (BES) Cybersecurity Tool(s), which impact generation facilities and control centers
• Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing BES Cybersecurity processes, including assessment and baseline tool(s)
• Develop and deliver a cyber and compliance security service delivery model working with stakeholders
• Provides formalized, continuing work direction and leadership to team(s), to ensure timely and effective project execution
• Applies knowledge and experience in own discipline, while continuing to acquire and develop higher-level knowledge and skills • Builds knowledge of the organization, processes, and customers
• Supports a vulnerability assessment schedule to assess risk of assets including the development and tracking of action and mitigation plans
• Develops and maintains solid relationships and high levels of satisfaction with senior-level decision makers, stakeholders and vendors
• Supports NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) requirements, audits and evidence
• Participates in employee development, coaching and ongoing performance management
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Preferred Qualifications: • Experience with projects supporting North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) preferred
• Experience implementing BES security and control programs and system technology projects • Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences • Experience working with cybersecurity and vulnerability assessment processes • Experience with security baselines and other information technology • Risk management experience
This job interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates assignments. Employees in the role plan and develop technical projects concerned with unique or controversial complexities which have important impact on major company programs. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of areas for investigation, and development of novel concepts. Individuals in the role act as a technical liaison to individuals within and outside their organization with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters pertaining to the individual's field. Employee's assignments are given in broad terms concerning general objectives and limitations. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides full-time technical support to the operations and business unit personnel • Performs system testing and documentation to critical systems during significant changes and/or upgrade • Analyzes and identifies the root cause of - and implements comprehensive technical solutions to - complex application deficiencies and system issues • Provides technical leadership in the functional specification, design and implementation of new (as well as enhancements to existing) security center applications and tools • Develops new (and improves existing) processes with goal of increasing productivity, reducing risk of system failure, promoting efficiency in work flow, and meeting or exceeding the key operational performance targets • Establishes, documents and maintains procedures and guidelines related to the day-to-day operational support provided to the operations and business unit personnel • Travels to power plants for onsite troubleshooting support • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Technical / Functional Excellence/Learning • Process Management Concepts • Quality Tools and Techniques • Effective Written Communications • Effective Verbal Communications • High School Grad / GED • Safety Policy and Practice • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience:5+ years
• Bachelor's - Engineering • Supervisor/Management Experience:Without Rating
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Technical Specialist Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs