NextEra Energy Sr PGD Engineer - Cyber Security in Juno Beach, Florida
Sr PGD Engineer - Cyber Security
Date:Dec 8, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 34555
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy (NEE) is seeking an experienced individual to be part of the Engineering & Technical Services (E&TS) team that provides technical support in the area of cyber security and NERC CIP compliance for the non-Nuclear Generating Fleet. Position will report to a Network Security Technical Services Manager, under the Controls and Network Security Fleet Team, and will reside in Juno Beach, Florida. Individual would provide cyber security support for the development of network & control system solutions, site troubleshooting, response to cyber events and life cycle projects.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Provide cyber security support to the Power Generation Division (PGD) Fleet
- Develop/Maintain PGD cyber security processes and procedures
- Participation in the development of cyber security solutions to meet corporate standards and/or NERC CIP standards
- Troubleshoot PGD cyber security issues
- Support cyber security improvement and Life cycle projects
- Preparation of documentation in support of audits and maintaining compliance of PGD Sites in the area of the Corporate and/or NERC CIP Regulations
- Due to the 24 hour, 7 days per week nature of power generation, night, weekend, and holiday support via telephone or call-out, may be required.
- Travel to sites throughout the United States averages about 10%.
Preferred Qualifications: * Project Management experience * Ability to troubleshoot Network Switches and Routers on a Plant Control and Process Data Networks * Knowledge of the latest standard practices for communication protocols and browser technologies * General knowledge of a typical Distributive Control System (DCS). * Knowledge of third party datalink protocols (Modbus, DNP, ABPLC, etc.), that interface to DCS Control Systems. * System audit skills and/or information security experience (certifications)
Our Success Begins With Our People. Come join the NextEra Energy team of over 15,000 employees, located in 26 states, Canada and Spain which provide safe, reliable and affordable electricity to our customers. Job Overview
Employees in this role have responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of areas for investigation, and development of novel concepts. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Plans and develops engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial complexities which have important impact on major company programs • Acts as technical liaison to individuals within and outside the organization with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters pertaining to individual's field • Completes assignments given in broad terms concerning general objectives and limitations • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's - Engineering • Experience:5+ years Preferred Qualifications
• Supervisor/Management Experience:0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs