NextEra Energy Sr PGD Engineer-Combustion Turbine in Juno Beach, Florida
Sr PGD Engineer-Combustion Turbine
Date:Jun 5, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 24841
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description We strengthen and engage our greatest asset – our people!
Candidate shall have working knowledge regarding the operation and maintenance of a diverse OEM combustion turbine fleet but with more focus on GE 7FA/HA combustion turbines. This would include a basic knowledge(to varying degrees) of all turbine generator mechanical sub-systems, basic design, vibration, performance, preventative and corrective maintenance, equipment alignment, repairs, outage practices, start-up, troubleshooting and control system interactions. The ideal candidate will have detailed knowledge of CT auxiliary systems including but not limited to the lube oil system, hydraulic system, gas fuel system, liquid fuel system, inlet bleed heat system and operation of the machine during transients such as start-up and shutdown. The goal is to improve the reliability of the fleet through the use of quality tools and initiating improvements in operations and maintenance practices.
- Candidate would be expected to work in a team environment and also display exceptional initiative to self-manage tasks and projects.
- Typical daily tasks include working with plant personnel with troubleshooting and resolving operational issues to support the timely return to service of gas turbine assets.
- Planning and prioritizing upcoming capital equipment outage maintenance activities, providing onsite support to the Central Maintenance organization with condition assessment inspections of components, provide technical evaluation and provide resolution recommendations for out of spec conditions.
- Review and evaluate repair recommendations for capital components by OEMs and 3rd Party suppliers. Develop and evaluate equipment life extension/betterment projects providing technical recommendations for equipment improvements or replacements, provide project cost evaluations and managing implementation of approved projects.
- Manage the technical evaluation of component capability, reliability and durability with OEMs and 3rd Party Suppliers. Using quality tools(RCA, FMEA, etc) to determine failure modes and corrective actions and using durability tools(Campbell Diagrams, Goodman Plots and Modal Analysis, etc) to evaluate parts life issues.
- After-hours support typically involves fairly frequent phone consultations with actual Call-Outs on rare occasions.
- This position does not provide continual onsite technical direction or outage activities except for unusual situations that require more technical oversite. Preferred Qualifications · Experience designing, installing/commissioning or maintaining CT auxiliaries Job Overview Employees in this role have responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of areas for investigation, and development of novel concepts.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Plans and develops engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial complexities which have important impact on major company programs • Acts as technical liaison to individuals within and outside the organization with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters pertaining to individual's field • Completes assignments given in broad terms concerning general objectives and limitations • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • Bachelor's - Engineering • Experience:5+ years
Preferred Qualifications • Supervisor/Management Experience:0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami