NextEra Energy Sr. Performance Engineer in Juno Beach, Florida
Sr. Performance Engineer
Date:Apr 2, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 23202
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy is the world’s largest utility company with a market capitalization of more than $62 billion and powers America with more wind and solar energy than any other company in the world. We are also recognized as “top 10 in the world for innovation” according to Fortune magazine. This level of excellence requires a diverse and talented workforce to operate. Come work in a team environment with other talented professionals to make a difference in the performance of one of the premier electrical generating companies in the US.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Under limited guidance, responsible to interpret, organize, execute and coordinate assignments
- plan and develop engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial complexities which have important impact on major company programs which involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of areas for investigation and development of novel concepts
- act as technical liaison to individuals within and outside the organization with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters
- conduct analysis and make recommendations to improve fuel efficiency and generating capability across our entire fleet of power plants (nuclear, combined cycle, coal, solar PV, solar thermal, wind, battery storage)
- monitor power plant performance remotely
- apply knowledge of ASME Performance Test Codes and testing techniques
- leverage technology to develop exception based automated alerting to identify opportunities for fuel efficiency or capability improvement
- conduct heat balances analysis to estimate benefits of proposed capital improvements or other improvement opportunities
develop performance and operating assumptions for internal power marketing and load dispatching requirements Additional desirable qualifications:
Power plant operations and maintenance experience
- Six Sigma certification, or practical knowledge of statistical process control techniques and analysis using MiniTab
- proficiency with heat balance modeling software
- practical knowledge of NERC Reliability Standards for Facility Ratings and Modeling Data
- working knowledge of equipment design calculations/techniques Job Overview Employees in this role have responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of areas for investigation, and development of novel concepts.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Plans and develops engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial complexities which have important impact on major company programs • Acts as technical liaison to individuals within and outside the organization with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters pertaining to individual's field • Completes assignments given in broad terms concerning general objectives and limitations • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • Bachelor's - Engineering • Experience:5+ years
Preferred Qualifications • Supervisor/Management Experience:0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-AS1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Power Plant Operator, Nuclear, Power Plant, Energy