NextEra Energy Sr Financial Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Sr Financial Analyst
Date:Jul 10, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description The Senior Financial Analyst is a team leadership role that is primarily responsible for the financial planning, reporting & analysis needs for multiple business units through the NEE enterprise. Candidate is expected to understand customer needs and develop solutions. Specific responsibilities include meeting customer needs, hands-on reporting, detailed analysis of business drivers, financial planning/forecasting, ad-hoc reporting, development/maintenance of dashboards and reporting systems.
Employees in this role support senior management decision making via financial modeling and analysis, including but not limited to, revenue requirements and customer bill impacts, discounted cash flow analysis, and financial statement modeling. This position identifies and conducts complex analysis of financial impacts to issues and/or decisions facing the company and proposes strategies to maximize financial performance of company. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies, analyzes, and communicates to management the impact on the Company's financial structure, profitability, and competitive position utilizing relevant analytical methods and/or department forecasting models
- Provides financial analysis support for various projects, calculating revenue requirements, net present value, customer bill impact, etc.
- Provides expertise, support, and financial training for the company departments requiring these services
- Performs financial analyses as required by management or regulatory bodies
- Makes recommendations on financing decisions and executes long and/or short term financings
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations to be provided to Senior and Executive Management
- Acts as a mentor to lower level employees
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
- Bachelor’s - Accounting / Finance
- Master’s - Accounting / Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami
- NextEra Energy Jobs