NextEra Energy Sr. Economic Development Project Mgr in Juno Beach, Florida
Sr. Economic Development Project Mgr
Date:Jan 21, 2021
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 49064
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description The Sr. Economic Development Project Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of economic development projects within FPL service territory, maintaining strong knowledge of target industry sectors and leverage into lead generation activity for the benefit of Florida, a representing FPL Office of Economic Development at various sales conferences and trade shows.
**This is a remote position. However, the candidate must reside in the state of Florida.
Employees in this role are focused on efforts that strengthen our local communities by promoting economic development activities and championing an environment that preserves, attracts, and promotes business growth and expansion. This job is responsible for directing and managing the economic development strategy, associated program components, and specialized technical work planning. This position will leverage and streamline the use of internal resources by providing leadership to address specific needs for new business prospects and local communities. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees the development and implementation of a statewide economic development strategy that can be integrated throughout the service territory
- Initiates contact with assigned prospects, interviews to obtain information regarding scope of project, economic development potential, and collects intelligence necessary for the creation of a recruitment sales plan
- Builds relationships with top level local government officials, community leaders, and the public to facilitate collaboration of economic planning and development efforts between the company and local communities
- Develops detailed written proposals, provides sales presentations, guides prospects through state and local incentive process
- Conducts market research analysis studies for new business development, agency partnerships or workforce planning
- Directs corporate responses between Rates/Regulatory, Power Delivery and other potential customers looking to relocate or expand within our service territory
- Manages the promotion, implementation and regulatory requirements for the business recruitment rate programs
- Manages the PoweringFlorida.com property database, ensures property listings are complete and accurate and recommends upgrades and enhancements as appropriate
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 0+ years
- Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Business Development Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs