NextEra Energy Sr Analyst of Integrated Resource Planning in Juno Beach, Florida
Sr Analyst of Integrated Resource Planning
Date:Jan 16, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy Resources is actively seeking a talented individual offering expertise in the area of energy resource planning to join our team.
The Senior Analyst of Integrated Resource Planning is part of a highly skilled professional team and reports to the Manager of Integrated Resource Planning. The team is responsible for modeling of the electric system for various utility customers throughout the US. The team mission is to strategically and collaboratively plan the future of safe, reliable and competitively-priced energy for customer utilities. Be a part of a team that is literally planning the clean energy future.
Senior Analyst responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform Integrated Resource Planning style modeling of customer systems and support optimization of NextEra’s offerings to better address customer needs
- Support the development of integrated resource plans on a twenty to thirty-year planning horizon for electric supply and generation using AuroraXMP (or similar) software
- Assist in developing business case and alternatives analysis with cost-benefit and risk evaluation for future projects
- Develop proprietary modeling tools and methodologies to analyze evolving markets and the impact on company businesses
- Working with other team members to integrate power flow, transfer capability, voltage and dynamic stability studies into system planning and cost analysis
- Analyze market, historical, and fundamental data, draw inferences and present results in a clear and understandable format to management and external customers
- Synthesize presentation materials consistent with the fundamental market factors and communicate this view to the organization towards the purpose of achieving consensus on this view
- Support multiple projects inclusive of those above, completing them in a timely manner
- The successful candidate must have 4+ years of experience in related activities. Project management and supervisory experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, or related is required; MBA or graduate degree preferred.
- Previous experience in Integrated Resource Planning and a strong background in power sector modeling is required.
- Experience with Aurora XMP or similar production cost models is preferred.
- The successful candidate should have strong data manipulation, analysis, and presentation skills (Excel, PowerPoint); some experience in evaluating complex technical and financial issues independently, developing recommendations, action plans, and managing multiple complex assignments simultaneously. Job Overview Employees in this role perform complex studies and forecast power prices for a period of 30 years. This position works closely with internal and external technical and engineering teams to develop forecasts to support existing and new projects and/or technologies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with internal and external contacts in support of the development of data describing the key market factors
- Formulates inputs to electric sector modeling tools and assists in modeling efforts
- Maintains electric sector models and proprietary tools with up-to-date market intelligence
- Performs market simulations and develops long-term power market forecasts in support of development, Mergers and Acquisitions, and management of existing assets
- Develops proprietary modeling tools and methodologies to analyze evolving markets and the impact on company businesses
- Analyzes market, historical, and fundamental data to draw inferences and present results in a clear and understandable format to management and external customers
- Provides training to junior modeling staff
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Experience: 4+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Energy Trading Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami