NextEra Energy Settlement Specialist in Juno Beach, Florida
Date:Sep 15, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 46099
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description General Responsibilities
- Responsible for the reconciliation and settlement of third-party energy commodity purchases/sales, monthly commissions and clearinghouse activity through the preparation and processing of settlement invoices.
- Provide settlement-related support to PMI trading organization, NEER Business Management and other Finance/Accounting business units
- Accounting and Reporting
- Analysis, settlement, recording of bilateral physical power, related interbook and intercompany activity.
- Analysis, settlement, recording and reporting of financial products for all commodities
- Analysis, settlement recording and reporting of physical and financial commissions for all commodities - requires research to properly identify deals
- Reconcile assigned deals, research discrepancies and resolve differences with counterparties working with Trade Support and the Pricing Group.
- Verify and review all open A/R and A/P prior to month end to ensure prompt payment to and from counterparties
- Analysis, settlement, recording and reporting of Renewable Energy Certificates - validating transfer using 3rd party system - initiate Trust entries
- Assist with month end close activities performing review of assigned activity to ensure estimates are complete
- Analysis, settlement, recording and reporting of Clearinghouse activity - work through discrepancies with Trade Support, Pricing Group and Clearinghouse personnel
- Assist manager with month end close activities performing review of estimates and actuals for Financial Instruments ensuring that prepayments/deferred revenue are properly accounted for in the appropriate contract month
Other duties as assigned by manager
- Ensure energy trading transactions are recorded and reported in compliance with SOX processes
- Ensure Phoenix auto-posted invoices reconcile and include proper support prior to posting
- Identify and report any compliance issues and maintain data integrity
Provide support for audit requests timely and accurately
- Assist in the development of new settlements systems, processes and controls
Other projects as assigned by Manager
- Energy industry knowledge
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP, Phoenix and MSBI
- Detail oriented with advance analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to effectively communicate guidance and recommendations to management
- Process improvement mindset
- Ability to multi-task and quickly shift priorities as needed
Employees in this role are responsible for the most complex settlement responsibilities focused around third-party energy commodity purchases through the preparation and processing of settlement invoices. This position will also work to identify settlement discrepancies and work with customers, schedulers and/or traders to resolve those discrepancies. Job Duties & Responsibilities Under general supervision: • Prepares and analyzes closing reports, assists with ad hoc requests • Responds to various information requests from internal and external auditors and other groups • Assists with processing settlement invoices/purchase statements and for providing management with explanations (volumetric/valuation) for estimate to actual variances • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience • Experience:3+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Energy Marketing, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs