NextEra Energy Senior Scrum Master in Juno Beach, Florida
Senior Scrum Master
Date:Dec 13, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This position will primarily lead the test automation strategy for NextEra Energy. This role will work to ensure IT development teams engage and utilize the test automation COE in their processes and continue to mature the test automation vision. We are looking for someone that can influence across many teams, someone willing to roll up their sleeves when needed, and someone that will take ownership of results. Strong written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Experience in software testing with Mainframe, Desktop Application, Web and Mobile applications
- Experience working with both On-shore and Off-shore QA teams
- Strong experience in Agile development and test methodology
- Experience in using JIRA to manage project deliverables
- Experience with Test Management Tools (QMETRY)
- Significant Test Automation skills using leading tools (Jenkins, RPT, Bitbucket, Selenium, Worksoft, Appium, TestComplete, Browser Stack, RFT, Robotic)
- Deep understanding of the software development and QA life cycle processes (including test planning, test case design, execution, defect tracking and reporting)
- Experience with Microservices, cloud-native development and Data Driven automation frameworks
- Experience with instrumentation for monitoring and logging the health and availability of services
- Experience working on Agile (Scrum) teams, and/or in a DevOps organization
- Strong communication and influencing skills, and professional business demeanor
- Process mindset, able to develop and improve process in order to support quality applications
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent education & experience Job Overview
This job provides leadership and direction to an Agile team, serves as an expert in the Scrum process, and enforces Scrum rules and framework. Employees in this role organize and facilitate release and sprint planning sessions, daily stand-up meetings, sprint demos, retrospectives, story refining sessions, and related activities. Leaders in this job embrace and display servant leadership behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being Agile and facilitate the team becoming self-managing and high-performing. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizes and facilitates work planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, and sprint and release planning
- Facilitates collaboration for both internal and external teams, resolving conflict, removing impediments, and reducing external dependencies
- Coaches team members and stakeholders in preparation for Scrum ceremonies and events and in goal attainment
- Coaches team in Agile sizing techniques, makes appropriate and realistic commitments, and works closely with Product Owners
- Uses the Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) tool to prepare, communicate, and share team metrics and delivery results
- Creates a product roadmap, coaches the writing of value-driven user stories, features, and epics, and maintains a well-refined backlog
- Provides regular feedback to the Agile Transformation Team about new insights and lessons learned from team experiences
- Embraces servant leadership and displays behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being Agile
- Keeps informed and educated about industry trends concerning Agile methodologies
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs