NextEra Energy Senior Project Manager (FPL Development) in Juno Beach, Florida
Senior Project Manager (FPL Development)
Date:Sep 16, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description As a Senior Project Manager on FPL’s Development team, you will explore the possibilities distributed energy and transportation electrification are creating for the utility and work on the cutting edge of shaping and implementing FPL’s e-mobility strategy for fleets. You will have the opportunity to develop strategies and solutions that enable fleet electrification and will be responsible for the implementation of approved strategies, leading the origination, development and execution of e-mobility projects. In this visible role you are expected to work closely with FPL’s customers and coordinate various internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for a results-driven candidate who will directly impact our goal of increasing EV adoption. Self-motivation and strong interpersonal, presentation, and project management skills are essential to be successful in this role.
This role will include travel, throughout the state of Florida, up to 25% as needed.
Employees in this role develop and execute plans for new and enhanced generation projects. This job is responsible for resource allocation, schedules, cost and technical adequacy, ensuring the project or transaction is completed in the most cost effective and competitive manner. This position manages all aspects of the business deal and ensures the project is completed on time and within budgetary constraints. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages all aspects of the day to day transaction process to ensure timely completion as well as a cost effective and competitive result
- Leads and coordinates key functions such as financial feasibility analyses, engineering/design, project legal review, permitting activities and financial negotiations
- Responsible for managing multiple and complex projects
- Coordinates due diligence activities with other internal groups to ensure proper analysis and structuring of assigned projects
- Acts as liaison between internal and external specialists regarding procurement, contracting, permitting and interconnection
- Constructs contractual arrangements for project development
- Negotiates agreements with consultants and subcontractors
- Ensures compliance with applicable technical and regulatory requirements
- Fosters external relationships with customers, third parties and members of the community
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad/GED
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Business Development Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs