NextEra Energy Senior Operations Engineer - Renewable in Juno Beach, Florida
Senior Operations Engineer - Renewable
Date:Oct 19, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 28316
is the optimization and analytics team for the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun. As part of NextEra Energy, we thrive on creating innovative forecasting and optimization solutions that change the industry for the better.
Position Specific Description We are currently seeking a well-qualified candidate to join our Asset Performance team as a Sr. Operations Engineer. As a Senior level member on the team, you will focus on the analysis and reporting of plant production data from our wind, solar and storage facilities. Specifically, applying advanced scientific methods and tools to analyze the power performance of our wind, solar and storage facilities.
- 5+ years of experience in a combination of the following areas; wind/solar energy, battery storage or related utility field
- Degree in engineering, statistics, atmospheric science or related field
- Familiarity with, and execution of, Agile Scrum methodologies Job Overview Employees in this role oversee the analysis and reporting of wind plant operations. Individuals provide wind plant operational assessments for the entire fleet including applying advanced scientific methodologies to production data. This position applies analytical solutions and effectively articulates results to other business units and to executive management through risk vetting and operational committees.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides assessments of operating wind plants
- Creates production profiles used for financial analysis and budget setting
- Performs turbine diagnostic reviews and collaborates on root cause analysis
- Oversees and develops techniques or process to mitigate production variances or predictions
- Performs month-end performance reporting and collection of input data from other business units
- Oversees all aspects of wind operations deliverables and process including Operational assessments, budget support, GenE, power curve fitting, and wind energy index
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Experience: 5+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Science, Research, and Technology Organization: WindLogics Inc Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Wind Energy, Energy