NextEra Energy Senior Mobile Engineer (iOS) in Juno Beach, Florida
Senior Mobile Engineer (iOS)
- Date:Jun 8, 2021
Primary Location: Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
The ideal candidate is a practicing engineer with the ability to produce well tested quality code, learn fast, and develop function expertise of the solutions being developed. They must be self-directed, passionate, works well within a team, and comfortable managing the development needs of a variety of mobile applications.
The NEER IT mobility team has developed a comprehensive suite of 30+ mobile applications supporting nearly 2,500 end users from our FPL, F&S, and Wind Business product lines. The mobile app portfolio is a key driver enabling our user base in performing more efficient maintenance and support, digitizing and automating work processes, and improving their daily productivity in order to service NextEra's external customers
Seeking a highly motivated iOS developer with a passion for mobility that is willing to dive in!
This position assesses, designs, develops, integrates and troubleshoots technology to support business processes. Employees provide technical or functional guidance to project or work teams, as needed within specific or multiple disciplines. This position is accountable for ensuring the reliability, performance, security, and continuity of IT systems, as well as ensuring that excellent technical support services are provided.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, maintains, integrates, customizes and enhances existing or new systems
• Applies appropriate Agile or development methodologies, system development lifecycles, tools, and technology
• Automates the handoff of code releases from development to operations (DevOps)
• Participates in the change management and service ticket management processes, including receiving, resolution monitoring and ensuring customer satisfaction
• Leads projects when needed and builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered
• Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems
• Designs, develops and tests experimental application work to test new ideas with bounded cost and time frames
• Ensures that applications processes are conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, security, compliance, environmental, and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation
• Acts as liaison with regulatory agencies, vendors, and contractors on matters relating to computer systems as required
• Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 5+ years
• Bachelor's - Information Systems
Employee Group: ExemptEmployee Type: Full TimeJob Category: Information TechnologyJob Role: Senior ProfessionalOrganization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach Office Juno Beach, Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please submit online request using Ask HR4U, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-HR4U (4748). Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs